Review by Jamasenu -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Review by Jamasenu -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Jamasenu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero by R. D. Base by Jamasenu

Toni is a very happy, energetic, young boy that loves to do a lot of things. Because of his love of activity and assistance, he has a special name. That name is Superhero. He helps out around the house. He loves to play, swim and dance. He loves to rescue animals. The biggest thing that Toni likes to do is assist young toddlers in learning to read.

Toni the superhero is a book for toddlers who parents are teaching to read. This book is full of colorful illustrations that will allow the parent and child to enact the scenes together. The vivid pictures will capture a young child’s attention and allow them to follow Toni throughout the story. The usage of short sentences will enable learning, along with the illustrations.

The book consists of 30 pages and each page illustrates the things that Toni likes to do. The author used humans, instead of talking animals to open the imagination of a child towards learning to read. The vocabulary is short and precise for the targeted age Ms. Base is attempting to reach. The longest words in the story are superhero and terrific.

There were a few things that I didn’t like about the book. The author doesn’t mention Toni’s age and there’s an illustration in the book showing Toni playing by the pool, in the 4ft area. If the author is targeting kids between the ages of 0 to 4 years of age, maybe Toni should have been playing in the kiddie pool area instead of with the older kids. Some of the pictures and illustrations did not match up. On one illustration, he’s reading and helping a cat out of a tree. The next picture and sentence states he likes rescuing animals but there is only a tree and no activity on that page. There are two other errors with the illustrations and sentences in the book similar to what I’ve just mentioned.

With the few errors and no misspellings, I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. The author took the time to determine which words would express what the illustrations meant. She used words that any child can easily pronounce and remember. The colorful illustrations will capture not only a child’s attention but an adult as well. The book generates happiness as you read and will inspire learning and action-based activities while reading along. This book will be the perfect beginner’s book for young readers.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Jamasenu's review? Post a comment saying so!
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

This was the book I intended to read. But fortunately I've had the opportunity to read this beautiful review. Thanks so much for enlightening me.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

This was the book I intended to read. But fortunately I've had the opportunity to read this beautiful review. Thanks so much for enlightening me.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

you have pointed out the author for not mentioning the age of Toni. it is a great critique by jamasenu.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”