Review by JasmineGrice -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elysian Lilac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elysian-lilac.html
Latest Review: Beast of 77 by Shawn a Jenkins

Review by JasmineGrice -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Elysian Lilac »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Travelling through space and time is out of style but travelling through the internet is definitely in. Alex Fayman introduced this interesting, unique theme in his trilogy Superhighway. His main character, Alex Fine, starts off in the foster care system from birth. After a few failed attempts with foster families, Alex decides to give up and accept that he is going to be in the foster care system until he ages out. Little does he know that he has a gift for travelling, just in an unconventional way. One touch of a computer wire and a destination on the screen, he goes on an amazing journey through technology. Alex plans to use his gift for good, like a modern day Robin Hood, but his attempts don’t always go as planned.

I give the first book in the Superhighway trilogy 4 out of 4 stars. Alex Fayman did an excellent job remastering and modernizing an old tale to create a trilogy that modern readers can relate to. His ability to describe the inside of the internet and the places that Alex travelled was outstanding. I really felt like I was travelling right along with Alex, feeling and seeing everything that this character felt. The imagery in this book was the biggest reason that I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. I also gave this rating because of how unique the topic was and the fact that I had a really hard time putting this book down. Superhighway is a definite page-turner.

A big factor in this book that I really liked was the way that Alex gathered information while he was travelling through the internet. I loved how he almost became a human flash drive, able download information in an instant and access the folders any time he wanted. That aspect of Alex was really fascinating and it really showed how much he had changed since the beginning of the book. This was just one of the many ways that Alex Fayman displayed character development in his book.

The most interesting thing about this book that really kept me captivated was back story on Alex Fine’s parents. Since the information was gathered piece by piece and Alex had to go searching for most of it on his own, I felt like I was putting together a puzzle. There was no way I could put the book down without finding the next piece to his family puzzle!

One of the only parts of this book that I didn’t like was how easily the main character, Alex Fine, dropped the only person in his life, Ms. Jenkins, the instant that he discovered his gift. She was the only connection that he had to love and he disregarded her during the times in his journey that I would have figured he would have went back to her for guidance. I also didn’t like how he continued to disregard other women in his new life’s feelings. He became very egoistic in this regard and showed this by cheating on Eva, getting Anna killed, and aimlessly sleeping with other women throughout the book. The reason that I didn’t let this impact my rating was because I took these actions as a character flaw and not something that the author messed up on.

Overall, this is a great book that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys a unique, captivating trilogy. Alex Fayman did an excellent job writing this book. It is obviously professionally edited and his writing flows smoothly. After reading the suspenseful ending of the first book, I know that I am dying to read the next book to continue Alex Fine’s adventure through the never-ending web.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like JasmineGrice's review? Post a comment saying so!
Norah+Ogutu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Norah+Ogutu »

This book takes the reader to an adventure and desire to do new things to connect to the present reality. I love it and i would read it over and over again
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

Sounds really great, have seen a few positive reviews now, look forward to reading it myself

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”