Review by Eileen R -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Review by Eileen R -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Eileen R »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 3- Bad boy vibes is the last book in the heartaches series by author H.M Irwing. In this last installment, truths and lies are finally revealed. Our two love birds, Rafe and Anna, are faced with one last fight against their sworn enemies, the prestons and Eric Dayton. However, this time they’re not alone. Together with unforeseen allies, they fight to get the justice and revenge that has eluded them for so long. Will they succeed in defeating their enemies or will the demons that have tormented them for so long continue to triumph over them?

H.M Irwing succeeded in tying all the loose ends beautifully. It was easy to connect the dots between the three books in the series. At the end, we finally get to see what happens to the Prestons and Eric Dayton. We also get to see a satisfactory ending to Rafe and Anna’s story. I appreciated the fact that the author didn’t leave me hanging and provided a satisfactory conclusion to the series.

This book was full of twists and turns. There were revelations made that I really didn’t see coming. This kept me on my toes. I really wanted to see where all this was going and that’s why I read the book in one sitting. In general, it was a really captivating read.

I loved the roles that new characters like Suzi, for example, played in the fight for revenge against the Prestons. It was revealed that all these new characters had their own reasons for seeking revenge. Regardless, they played a big role in the conclusion of this story. I also liked how the author skillfully introduced these new characters to us. H.M Irwing made sure to give the background stories of each of the new characters hence preventing any confusion.

What really shone through for me in this last book, was the love between Rafael and Anna. They continued to fight side by side against their enemies. And although their love faced some trials in the form of Matt, Anna’s ex, they continued to stay strong in their commitment to each other.

I also felt that I finally got closure on a lot of things that happened in the first book. First of all, we get to see Brian’s (Anna’s step brother and the reason for her rape) point of view. We also get some insights into Matt’s real feelings towards what happened to Anna. In the end, everyone is able to get some much needed closure.

My favorite character in this book was Anna. She was portrayed as a strong woman who despite her conflicting feelings, did what she felt was right and although I didn’t always agree with her decisions, I could appreciate where she was coming from. She was even willing to risk her life for the man she loves, that’s admirable.

Although I loved the book, I felt that it was too short. I admit that I was expecting it to be much longer, especially considering that it’s the last book in the series and the actual conclusion to the series. For me, 100 pages are too short to conclude a series like Heartaches. I felt that some parts, in particular, were rushed.

I also didn’t like how Brian’s story was concluded. I felt that as a character, he wasn’t given the time he deserved. I also never understood what his real intentions were and his role in general was quite confusing. He was put in between a hero and a villain, this left me confused. I wish that the author gave more explanation to Brian’s character as a whole.

I rate Heartaches 3—Bad Boy Vibes By H. M. Irwing 3 out of 4. In general, I really enjoyed reading the heartaches series and it’s not difficult to see why it’s so popular. I didn’t find any glaring grammatical mistakes, except for a few run-on sentences. In general, it was a very captivating read.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Eileen R's review? Post a comment saying so!
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I totally agree with you. I feel torn when it comes to Brian he wasn't served justice.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”