Review by wanguiloise17 -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
wanguiloise17
Currently Reading: Heartaches
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanguiloise17.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Review by wanguiloise17 -- Trip to Adele

Post by wanguiloise17 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Trip to Adele" by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Summary of the book
This book consists of three stories. The common denominator in all stories is an Adele concert. One story involves a married couple, Mariam and Yaser, seeking to mend their almost falling marriage. Fortunately, they get to save their marriage albeit without attending the concert which they had thought would revive a sweet memory from the past. The second story is that of Elias and Malika, two lovers who hoped to meet after eight years of separation. Meeting at the concert finally makes it clear that they cannot be together since Malika has really changed and she is not the person Elias expected to see. The final story is that of Nadia and her son Waleed. Since her divorce, she has done everything within her power to make Waleed happy. She does not fear risking her job to go on a vacation with him, a great Adele fan. Traveling with him turns out to be impossible because of her vindictive ex-husband but this does nothing to break the love she has for her son.

Review
I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This is mostly because the book gives an interesting flow. It makes the reader want to keep reading to find out what happens next. It narrates simple but practical experiences. It evidences real life happenings and it is very possible for the reader to picture everything that is written in their mind and have it appear to be very real. This is what I found to be most captivating about it.

Despite the book appearing to be so real, it is also possible for the reader to feel as if they are watching a movie. This is in the sense that nothing about this book is predictable, especially its ending. It takes turns that are truly unexpected but they really make the reader anxious as he wants to know what happens. Every occurrence narrated in this book has its own uniqueness and this makes it more interesting because the reader gets surprises.

However, there is an aspect that I found to be really unrealistic. This is when Nadia decides that she is ready to give up her job for the sake of a vacation to the Adele concert with her son. In as much as she really loves her son and would do anything to have him happy, quitting a job is to the extreme. It is difficult to figure a divorced woman who works so hard to make ends meet for her and her son, quit the very job that puts food on their table. And all that just for a concert!

I am of the opinion that the book would have done better with just one story instead of three. The Elias and Malika story seemed most captivating to me. I feel that the book would have been more interesting if it only featured that one story. However, the authors have been able to blend the three stories perfectly.

Generally, the book has been a good read. Its ending was much unpredictable as one would have thought that all the people in the three stories would have attended the concert. I actually thought that Elias and Malika would embark on their love for each other but the turn narrated there just got me more thrilled. Yaser and Mariam are the couple I never thought would fix and save their marriage. The authors here surely have wonderful story-telling skills!

Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like wanguiloise17's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”