Review by Corhan2 -- Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by Corhan2 -- Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Corhan2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Patrick Carter’s life is about to change drastically when he saves young Samantha Mcleod from drowning. By saving her life, he involuntarily becomes one of the targets on the “to die” list of Oscar Calander. Samantha’s family is very grateful towards Patrick and this is how he becomes involved with the Mcleod family and in the end plays a very important part in their lives. The police also get involved because of the attempt on the life of Samantha. Samantha has an older sister, Amelia. Amelia disappeared and nobody was sure that they will ever find her, and if they did find her, will she still be alive? Patrick, who is a bartender and does not have any formal training as a police officer, helps the police in their chase after Oscar, whom they discover is a very dangerous criminal and whom they think holds the key to the disappearance of Amelia or does he…?

The story that follows is very involved with different characters, such as the employees of Oscar, Oscar’s parents, the head of the task force, André Des Pres, targeted with the search for Amelia and the catching of Oscar , André Des Pres’s secretary, Lucien Borodin. Then there is Patrick with his history, Emy, the female agent working as part of the task force and of course the members of the Mcleod family. Each character has its own importance and story. The background on each of the primary characters is nice because it feels like you know the character and that you are part of their lives.

The fact that there is so many characters, each with a story, causes a lot of hopping from one scene to another. This does not distract from the story, because the author, Rene Natan, always make sure that you know exactly what happened and leaves no loose ends. At the end of the book, one also learns why the name of the book is Lemoncella Cocktail.

This is an easy read and anyone who likes a little action and a little mystery and not too complicated of a story will find this book satisfactory. No need to concentrate too much. The story did not grip me in such a way that I kept on turning the pages to see what was going to happen in the end, but, that being said, I was entertained from start to finish.

Unfortunately, the book does not seem professionally edited and there is many grammar and spelling errors. Also some of the names of the characters got mixed up which is frustrating. I therefore rate this book 2 out of 4 stars.

Lemoncella Cocktail
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Corhan2's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

It sounds like a good crime novel. I think I'll try this one.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thank you for your review with score which indicates shortcoming in editing this book and hence could be bit harder to read taking more time. however i found that plot was interesting and may be author corrects the mistakes and republish this book and get good response
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”