Review by ashpres12 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Review by ashpres12 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by ashpres12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary Of A Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is a children’s book that follows Inca, a cat, and her assortment of furry pals on the journey to become the greatest pet detectives. Inca decides the best way to document her skills is by starting a diary. Luck would be on her side as she begins this trek by giving her two mysteries that need solving. Mystery number one is the case of the missing humanoid, as Inca calls them, Raoul who never made it home from a perilous Himalayan adventure. Her friend, who is an actual detective and her inspiration, quickly scoops up that case leaving Inca with the second unsolved mystery. The case of Mr. Finchley’s missing will. Follow Inca and her friends as they band together, using their differences as a strength to defeat the bad guy and keep the humanoids in their lives happy.

The assortment of characters, humanoid and animal, the illustrations, and the diary storyline are all parts of this story that make it great. The characters are easily likable and the growth that they go through in the story is admirable. The illustrations are not to simple but overdone either. The diary storyline is in an easy to read and follow manner with vocabulary that is simple so children can understand what is going on with minimal complications.

The only dislike, although I don't know that you can even label it that, is something minor but it can be distracting for adults more than children. The mystery of the missing will feels unfinished and it left me with a few unanswered questions. I do not believe this is something children will pick up on or even care about. Maybe, in a later book, Inca will make references to her first case and those lingering questions will be answered.

I rate Diary Of A Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi 4 out of 4 stars because the author uses her written word skills not only to bring animals to life but she uses them to each children and adults some very good virtues. Teaching children how to be caring to others, how to accept those who are different than you, and determination to see something through until the end, despite any challenges. These are very good qualities for children to have and are highly sought after in today's society.

I would recommend this book to children, ages 6 and up, and to any adults who want a good laugh about the antics of furry mystery solvers and their humanoid caretakers.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ashpres12's review? Post a comment saying so!
PaigeA
Currently Reading: brothers karamazov
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigea.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by PaigeA »

Thanks for the review. I didn't see this so much as a moralistic teaching book. But I guess it does have some of that. I saw it more as just a fun, exciting, funny, entertaining story.
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

You are very welcome! I saw it the way you did but then upon reflection is where the morals came into play. Glad you enjoyed the book as much as I did! :D
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”