Review by Ha_bby -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ha_bby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ha-bby.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by Ha_bby -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ha_bby »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base
Just by the cover of the book, one can clearly tell that the book is a children’s book. Anyone looking for a book for a child would be interested. The cover is attractive, the title simple and would pique the interest of any child learning to read.

The book is simply written therefore enabling a child to easily learn and grasp words he or she is learning. The pictures accompanying the statements help a child easily understand what the sentences mean therefore making learning as easy as a, b, c. This factor enables any parent to easily teach a child with the help of the book.

The book embraces some of the positive virtues a child should learn from a young age. These include the likes of cleaning, reading and even helping the needy; by rescuing animals. A child learning from this book would emulate these virtues as he or she envisions Toni as his or her superhero therefore helping him or her embrace positive virtues from a young age. The fact that the writer has included Toni’s hobbies as part of his day to day activities will equip any child learning from this book with morale to embrace his or her hobbies. Hobbies play a huge role in making a human being what he or she is. A child embracing this from a very young age helps him or her know him or herself from a very young age which is very good.

The thing I like the most about this book is that the writer has captured all kind of races in the illustration of children in this book. This can clearly be seen in the part where Toni likes to swim and the children he is with in the pool can clearly be seen to have come from all kinds of backgrounds. This is a good thing as it captures wholly all who make the human race therefore helping a child embrace everyone from a young age and therefore preventing racism from setting in. Another thing is the use of simple words that the writer uses which clearly help a child easily learn. The fact that the book has no grammatical errors tells us that the writer has a clear idea of what she is doing therefore backing up the claims that the book can be used to teach young children how to read.

It is therefore with these reasons that I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend parents to try the book and see how much wonders and progress they can witness from their children’s learning and most importantly what virtues they would witness their children will learn and embrace from this book.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Ha_bby's review? Post a comment saying so!
PaigeA
Currently Reading: brothers karamazov
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigea.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by PaigeA »

Thanks for the review. I also liked how it encouraged children to do good, healthy things while teaching them to read.
Ha_bby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ha-bby.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ha_bby »

I tried it on my niece and it does work😊

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”