Review by Juliapjetri -- Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Juliapjetri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliapjetri.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review by Juliapjetri -- Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Juliapjetri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is a time in your life when you start something new, like a new job, a new school and that feeling of disorientation is terrible. That’s what happens to Frank, our new English priest in the book Can I be Frank of the author Rob Wyatt, who was sent in Florida to lead the parish of St. Francis. The old parish finds a way to get rid of this messy priest promoting him in a new country as far as they could. He will find himself in strange comic situations handling them with his unconventional prayers and sense of humor.

While serving the new parish he is advised to be careful with the most important donor of the parish which seems to be a bossy selfish enterpriser. He uses his money to empower himself and control the parish in one way or another. In this situation he understands what he is dealing with, and almost everybody turns their back to Frank and the parish. In the journey Frank finds out who is staying by his side unconditionally and meets caring friends who join him helping those who are in need. He uses his simple prayers and his open heart to go through an unexpected situation.

Personally, I like the sense of humor and the vivid way of making you imagine how things went. There were awkward situations mostly made from the differences between British and American English. Each chapter starts with a made up funny Bible passage that is related to that chapter. It shows the practical way of a priest’s life describing the ceremonies. Frank narrates the whole story, so we are watching everything form a priest’s prospective. I think this book was professionally edited and I didn’t find any typos in it.

When you get used to the first chapters, then you expect that always something strange but not important is going to happen to him. And that was the slowest part of the book. This book is too easy to read, and it doesn’t engage you in any depth of thinking or feeling. Faith and religion could have been treated more in this kind of book.

I would suggest this book to vacation readers to cheer themselves up and read something easy in the free time. It helps you take the problems not so seriously and see the comic side of the events. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because it is a good book and it cheers you up, but I would like to get more inspiration from it.

Can I Be Frank?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Juliapjetri's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”