Review by KatePanlilio -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KatePanlilio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katepanlilio.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by KatePanlilio -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by KatePanlilio »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yesterday

In your lifetime, have you wondered if your soul has already wandered the earth before your present nature was even born? As a human being who lives a normal life, what will you do if a certain person awakens something in you that has never been lit before? These are the questions that Yesterday will put your mind on while reading it and even after you read it.

It all started when Amanda saves a Chicago Police Officer named Mark Callahan in an incident in their town. Fascinatingly, a familiar sensation has brought them together even though they do not personally know each other. This began their journey in figuring out why they feel that way with each other. The story also put emphasis on a certain object that ties them together which only added to the mystery that this story brings its readers.

The book tackles a lot of issues that people go through in this life time. Of course, it is a love story. Once again, this book is one of the few material that can be an inspiration to people in their belief in a good life and why are we here on earth—and that is to love. It also asks its readers the topic of reincarnation? Is past life possible? After death, are we given a chance to live again?

What I like most about this book above all is that it tackled mental health issues in the form of the main character, Amanda. As a student who majors in Psychology, I saw how the author gave importance in the said matter. I do think that this book can be an instrument to spread awareness about how every individual has their vulnerable sides. Amanda actually showed the readers that every one can fight their fears and demons as long as they stay strong.

This book can be read by almost everyone especially those who love mysteries. If you love mystery so much, I personally think that you will finish this book in one to three seating. Every chapter will only make you want to know more or what happens next. Because of that, I would like to commend the author for doing a great job in narrating the story.

Lastly, the book also tackled the American Civil War particularly the 1871 Chicago Fire. This aspect of the book added as one of its assets and will make the readers think about how lucky they are to be born in this time of the world. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars and I highly recommend it especially to those who really like to read fictional books.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KatePanlilio's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”