Review by ANation1 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ANation1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anation1.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by ANation1 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by ANation1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

World on fire indeed, Lincoln Cole’s Raven’s Peak grabs you and takes you on a thrilling ride packed with mystery, supernatural dangers and rich characters. I was honestly was pulled in from the start as I was plunged into the dark mind of the Reverend, who believes he can cleanse his sins away through the pain he inflicts on himself daily. “He couldn’t remember when he fell in love with pain. When the agony turned to pleasure and then to joy.” Reading this instantly had me hooked, and I knew that I was all in for a wild journey down the rabbit hole.

Abigail Dressler is a strong, sarcastic hunter struggling with the missing pieces of her past all the while trying to prove that she is worthy of remaining in the order yet she will do whatever it takes to get her greatest wish and have what was stolen from her restored. Abigail is frustrated with the council for having her deal with a low-level demonic threat which would not be difficult to eliminate. However things do not quite go as planned and she picks up a tail in the form of Haatim Arison, a young man trying to find his way in life after the loss of his sister. It is not long before chaos ensues and Haatim is pulled into the supernatural world that Abigail lives with everyday.

A very confused Haatim is dragged into a terrifying new world that he may have more links to then he knows. Abigail and Haatim are stuck together as she moves on to her next assignment in Raven’s Peak a poky little town in the Smokey Mountains which has reports of odd occurrences, however nothing is quite what it seems. As soon as they arrive Abigail’s past comes back in waves, which lead her to question if she will be able to have the strength to move forward and do what needs to be done to help the people of this dying town. As an all out disaster zone forms around Abigail and Haatim, it becomes clear that they may just be in mortal danger if Abigail can not solve the mystery of both her past and the chaos surrounding them.

This book by Lincoln Cole will genuinely pull you in with it’s strong characters and details that are truly spine chilling. Raven’s peak definitely has some gory moments however they are not overbearing as you are immersed the world that unfolds around you. Those who are fans of the “Supernatural” television series may enjoy the similarities, and the nuances of this wonderfully dark beginning to what we can only hope is a long series of books. From start to finish this book will truly leave you hungry for more.

Throughout it’s two-hundred and eighteen pages readers will experience mystery, danger and superb character development, as well as whirlwind page-turner. Lincoln Cole builds a interesting supernatural universe within the confines of our world which really makes you connect further to the story. I fell in love with Abigail and Haatim and I definitely believe you will too. All in all I would rate Raven’s Peak with a 4 out of 4, for it’s rich characters, compelling storyline and vivid imagery. I am eagerly looking forward to the next book in this hair-raising series.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ANation1's review? Post a comment saying so!
smf870
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by smf870 »

Excellent review, I enjoyed this book thoroughly!!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”