Review by BoyLazy -- That Place of Knowledge

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Review by BoyLazy -- That Place of Knowledge

Post by BoyLazy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

That Place of Knowledge, written by Philip Shalka, promises to be an insightful and thought-provoking book from the "fiction" genre. As the name suggests, the story is focused on the writer's pursuit for cognition and the resultant zeal to learn more. The author has autism in real life as well as in this story. He and his service dog “Sabre” investigate into a hidden world to explore the ancient place of perception. Thereafter is their chronicle of the sashay and the saga of wisdom.

The interesting part is that the complete story is told from the Sabre’s point of view. Sabre is a silent observer of the happenings. As the lead character has Autism, hence his mind is different from others. The story is primarily divided into two parts, extending to a total of twenty-eight pages. The narration is simple in nature and keeps the talks fluent. It never swerves from its focus and takes the reader along into the fantasy world within seconds.

The nitty-gritty derives from Aristotle’s philosophical context which explores the seeking for knowledge. The editing is professional and the language used is of premium level. Pursuit of joy, recognition and determination are the themes that can be found in this read. This book primarily explored on the aspects of rational intellect, political problems and logical interpretations.

Although a difficult concept to master for people of different ages, the author explains it with an utter simplicity. Certain points which are tough to explain even by the intellects. The best thing about the story is its decisiveness in providing insight into the characters, their traits and personalities. Unlike other short write-ups, it remains true to its genre.

I chose this book to read since I have a lot of friends who have disorders in communicating and I would love to know what is going through their minds and their perspectives. Readers who liked "The Alchemist" will love this story as well. I am not a huge philosophy fan but the education part covers it up for me. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I have reduced one star since the philosophy part was not for me. I would recommend it to everyone who loves to read to gain knowledge. If you can digest a bit of good philosophy then you should definitely read this. There is a lot of wisdom shared in this book which could be useful for a lifetime to us.

That Place of Knowledge
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BoyLazy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

No doubt, the author explicitly describes characters, their traits and philosophy. You have given very interesting reason for deducting one point ☺.Thanks for your review. I have also reviewed this book. You can check it out.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Debbyemi »

Nice review, it made a good read.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I like it when an author melds his or her true life world, such as this one who has autism, into a book of fiction. I also, find it interesting that the book has the dog's perspective. That, is a rare thing in a book unless it is for children. However, I think we can learn a lot from animals! I did read the Alchemist, and I thought it was pretty good, so this one does interest me. Thank you for this insightful review.
Everything happens for a reason...
Poornima
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by Poornima »

I never knew so much about Autism before reading this book. Thanks for the review :)
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

It is very easy to dismiss people with disorders as those who don't have much to contribute. The book proves that given an outlet, they have a lot to offer.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”