Review by uyky -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Review by uyky -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by uyky »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 2 is, as it can be deducted from the name, a second book of the Bad Boy vibes series by H.M. Irwing and it is a romance.

The story mostly revolves around Anna and Rafe. As a couple, they are both trying to live past very similar traumas from their past and they are doing it through tough situations and much help from their friends.

I have to say I was surprised and a bit confused by this book. Starting to read it with an expectation of a mushy romance, it very soon brushed upon serious topics like rape, homophobia, and war, and all that with a not very lighthearted feeling about it. But that is where the good things ended. The book was badly written with way too much melodrama, characters were unrealistic and further as I got with the reading, the more ridiculous the plot became.

Both of the protagonists were a bit puzzling to me, but not in a good way.I couldn't quite get a grasp of who they were supposed to be.They each had too many opposing characteristics. However, many times I could understand most of the incredibly stupid thing they were doing, as that comes from being a human. Their obsessive and unhealthy infatuation with each other, although disturbing, could have been a good addition to the storyline. That prospect was ruined by the over the top soap-opera thinking about each other. Supporting characters had their own stories, which was nice to see.

The biggest problem I had with this book, was how it represented rape and feelings to a rapist after it.Also, I had a feeling that most of the characters were not yet murderers only because someone had prevented them to do it.

Heartaches II is filled with adjectives. It bothered me at the start, but when I finished reading it, I realized, that this nagging feeling has faded as I got pulled into the story. The book is in desperate need of editing, as it is filled with mistakes, and phrases and words are repetitive too many times.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I generally didn't like it, but some of the problems that it tackles were described well and it was readable. The book contains sex scenes and violent language, so I would not recommend it for the youngsters out there. I do, however, recommend it if you are looking for a romance that is trying to have a seriousness undertone and have nothing else to read. Just don't go reading it if you are looking for some kind of an easy-going beach romance like the naive me from the past did.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like uyky's review? Post a comment saying so!
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

I was aware of the language before reading this book. Thanks to your nice review.
Can you please check out my review on the same book and leave your comments.
http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 44&t=64304
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

BoyLazy wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 00:52 I was aware of the language before reading this book. Thanks to your nice review.
Can you please check out my review on the same book and leave your comments.
http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 44&t=64304
Thank you for reading it. The language was not a problem for me. I will read your review with plesure.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read and written the review of Heartaches 2 by I.M Irwing. Anna Walters-Simmons acts as protagonist character in the story who suffered from cruelty, rapist and remorseless behaviors from her closely linked people. She is passing from a very poor condition full of grief but also trying to come back to its normal position with the desire of vengeance. Raphael Russo Brown, often called Rafe is the boyfriend of Anna and remains with in all of the difficulties suffered by her because all the conditions had also been suffered by him. The erroneous and disturbed mental conditions of both members bring them to a unity and match. Thanks for your great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”