Review by Cotwani -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Connie Otwani »

Thanks fernsmom

Amazing concept right? I'm not sure I would go for it. I can't picture this "alert, alert, cotwani - your body closes shop in 3 days! " Quite a bitter pill to take!

I hope you enjoy the book as you encounter the different ways various people took the pill!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I thought it was interesting that people given their "final notice" reacted differently from each other. Some did good things while others chose to get revenge. The issue of gun control was a theme that ran all through the book.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I agree that the character development is amazing in this novel. I love it when characters evolve with the plot, it’s much more realistic, in my opinion: we tend to change according to our life circumstances.
The social issues portrayed are very important. I’m glad when an engaging novel touches important issues because it opens the opportunity of discussion and even if we disagree with others a respectful discussion is the first step to solve social problems, in my opinion.
A very thorough review, thanks.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

I agree that where where instances in this novel that the flow was off and the conversations seemed stilted. Although the book was interesting (what would people do if they knew they were going to die, especially if they had access to guns?), I did find it a little biased. I appreciate your review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

LV2R wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 23:40 I thought it was interesting that people given their "final notice" reacted differently from each other. Some did good things while others chose to get revenge. The issue of gun control was a theme that ran all through the book.
Thanks for your response.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Lunastella wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 11:35 I agree that the character development is amazing in this novel. I love it when characters evolve with the plot, it’s much more realistic, in my opinion: we tend to change according to our life circumstances.
The social issues portrayed are very important. I’m glad when an engaging novel touches important issues because it opens the opportunity of discussion and even if we disagree with others a respectful discussion is the first step to solve social problems, in my opinion.
A very thorough review, thanks.
Thanks for your feedback!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

JuliaKay wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 13:55 I agree that where where instances in this novel that the flow was off and the conversations seemed stilted. Although the book was interesting (what would people do if they knew they were going to die, especially if they had access to guns?), I did find it a little biased. I appreciate your review.
Thanks for your response.
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”