Review by Natalija33 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Natalija33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalija33.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by Natalija33 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Natalija33 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

This book leads us throw life of Anna Simmons, 18 years old girl. She and her mother Jane have some kind of “Boys/men troubles”. Jane went throw lots of pain because of men she married
with and she wants more than anything to protect Anna from them. Anna has boyfriend names Matt Preston with whom she is in love over past 6 mounts. But, she had one shocking event with him, his brother and father. They drugged her and rapped her. After that, her whole world have broke into little peaces.

One day, by accident, she meets Rafe, boy with dark past. He has come to build her peaces into something bigger and stronger. By the time she starts to reveal his dark secrets and realize that they have in common more than they thought so. One week after they met they start to live together because of case which she didn’t want her mother to know anything about. Main thing on his mind was that he has to protect her. No matter when and how. Anna and Rafe starts to have great relationships full of help, hope and faith.

There is a lot of characters which, I need to say, aren’t very good describe. I can imagine only Rafe. Anna is so variable, unreasonable and all about she thinks is sex; that is main thing in her life. Although Preston’s have rapped her and mentally killed her, she wants them back. In that point, I don’t understand her so much. And that is all I know about her, main character in book. I know that on the world we have so many people like Preston’s and I understand why they are provoking her and doing her that things. Anna’s mother disappointed me. She doesn’t care much about her daughter although she wants that. But she hadn’t try enough to understand and get to know Anna. That is so sad because except mother, Anna has no one to think about her and protect her. I mean, before Rafe. Now Rafe is all she ever needed and all she will ever need.

I don’t like this book. I don’t like characters, I don’t like the plot. Everything is going too fast but too slow. It is so confuse. I will give it 2 out of 4 stars , because its main purpose is to show us mind of sexual assault victims. I mean, I have learned so much about things that might go throw their heads by reading this book. But I had to fold puzzles after I have read it, and that is why I have give it just 2 stars. Not everyone will like it, as like I did not.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Natalija33's review? Post a comment saying so!
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

Thanks for your review, Natalija33. I have not read this book yet, but I plan to, so I can see how it all started. I have read Book 2, and will soon be reading Book 3. Give Book 2 a read, and see if you still feel the same way. Good review!
Natalija33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalija33.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Natalija33 »

Oh, well, If you say so I wil give it a chance. Thank you for reply!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”