Review by zilizopita1998 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilizopita1998.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by zilizopita1998 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by zilizopita1998 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lincoln Cole’s Raven’s Peak is the first installment in the World of Fire series, “first born’’. The book has a well-established table of contents to enable readers to easily access the over two-hundred pages of the story. The genre of this book is horror and there is conflict between the demonic world and the human world. At first, I was afraid to open the book’s cover page since I felt scared upon seeing it. A very hideous bird, black like coal, is perched on a huge rock and its red eyes are conspicuous. At the foot of that very rock, a dry human skull rests. At the back ground, the sun appears to be setting and a blanket of lethargy is slowly covering the surface. After looking at this cover page for a moment, I realized that it is already telling me to expect nothing but horror.

Nevertheless, I gathered courage and read it from the scratch to the end. As I was reading it, incidences of horror kept scaring me off but I kept on enjoying this piece of work. “This is just a fiction story. Don’t be scared.’’ I told myself several times as I read so as not to give in to fear over nothing. Anyway, the book hinges upon two major characters, Haatim Arison and a young woman by the name Abigail Dressler. These two individuals are drawn from two very different backgrounds but they join hands so as to save the little town of Raven’s Peak. They are the pillars that prop this novel.

Upon leaving college, Haatim finds himself plunged into a ditch filled with despondency. His sister has just past on and this is a thorough blow to him. Abigail on the other hand is possessed with a demon and she knows the secret that is making the residents of Raven’s Peak town behave crazily. She works as a demon hunter who is determined to seal off the world from further demonic attacks. The demons in the story are very cunning like foxes. The duo eventually realizes that it is the balm that can cure the wounded town of Raven’s Peak. This has been made possible since Haatim has supernatural power that he has inherited from his family line.

Since the residents of the town are going crazy, Frieda is assigned the task to send a demon hunter to Raven’s Peak so as to see into the issue. She tells Abigail to see into the situation before it can get out of hand. At some point, Abigail is asked to stop her investigation or else risk facing the music. Abigail however, never stops her investigation.I really enjoyed the book as it is filled with twists and an array of turns that hooked me throughout. Abigail’s experience wrenches a reader’s heart but will not fail to thrill you. The author adds spice to the story using several incidences of adventure making the story very exciting. I am certain that you will love the paranormal inclination of the story and that the omniscient feature of the story will please you very much.

I would recommend this book to those individuals who have high affinity towards horror stories. I believe it will serve you well. People who don’t like horror can also read it. After all, it is just but a fiction story that is meant to captivate and thrill readers.

As for me, I didn’t notice any mistakes. Since this is a must read book, I awarded it a 3 out of 4 stars. I retained that extra star because perhaps I gave mistakes in the book a blind eye. The book is greatly fantastic and enjoyable. Hope you will make effort to enjoy reading Raven's Peak.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like zilizopita1998's review? Post a comment saying so!
Richard Whitehead
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-whitehead.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Richard Whitehead »

Marvelous review, it ha inspired me to go add this book to my shelves and even review it on a later date
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

Indeed I tried making it as good as possible.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

Richard Whitehead wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 10:26 Marvelous review, it ha inspired me to go add this book to my shelves and even review it on a later date
Have you added it to your shelf yet.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Good review. I agree that the cover conveys the feeling you describe and that the author knows how to keep the reader entertained. Now, the excuse you used as a justification for why you took away a star... sounds kind of lazy :roll2: .
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

KRay93 wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 11:14 Good review. I agree that the cover conveys the feeling you describe and that the author knows how to keep the reader entertained. Now, the excuse you used as a justification for why you took away a star... sounds kind of lazy :roll2: .
Next time I shall try to identify the mistakes keenly so as to give a proper reason. Anyway thanks.
Javier Campos
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2696">One Hundred Years of Solitude</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javier-campos.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Javier Campos »

Cool review, I read this book and I think it was flawless even when it is not something that I would normally read. I think I gave it 4 stars and I was hoping I would find some negative aspects in your review.
zilizopita1998
Currently Reading:

Post by zilizopita1998 »

Javier Campos wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 14:57 Cool review, I read this book and I think it was flawless even when it is not something that I would normally read. I think I gave it 4 stars and I was hoping I would find some negative aspects in your review.
4 out of 4 stars is just good for this book. Anyway I didn't notice any negative thing as I read it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”