Review by cheriechel -- Guardian of Deceit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cheriechel
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheriechel.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Review by cheriechel -- Guardian of Deceit

Post by cheriechel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Guardian of Deceit by William. H. Coles is surely a book that is really captivating and so inspiring. It is one that will keep you concentrating on it till you get to finish it and know what comes at the end.

It talks about a boy,Darwin who is orphaned at a very young age and after his first guardian is unable to take care of him,he gets a famous football player as a new guardian despite of them not knowing each other well before. He is denied access to his inheritance and Luther,his new guardian, forces him to work for him and gives him a storage room to sleep in despite having a huge mansion with empty rooms. This book also points out the various challenges in finding love and building strong romantic relationships through various characters such as Luther,Sweeney,Darwin,Helen and her sister Coral together with their parents Mr and Mrs Marlvene.

What I liked most about the book is that it inspires a reader,especially one that has gone through so many trials,to fight,be strong and work his/her way to the top just like Darwin worked so hard for Luther to get his allowances despite his parents leaving him a huge inheritance which was withheld by Luther,yet he still found time to study to venture into medicine as has always been his life long dream. Through Helen,the reader is also taught that the only person who can make oneself happy and contented is him/herself and not anyone else.

I didn't find anything in the book that made me dislike it. It had no grammatical errors and the spellings were great! There is proper use of English language,which is easily understandable by any reader even if he/she only knows the simple basics of English.

I give it a 3 out of 4 stars rating. I will not give a 4 star rating because I feel there should have been more content added to the book. It felt like the story was being rushed for some reason and it wasn't completed,for example how Laszlo stopped working for Luther and why. However,a 2 star rating would be too low because the content available is interesting and captivating to any reader who likes this genre. Above all,it is a good book and I would recommend it for young adults who like fantasy and imagination while reading novels. Good job William. H. Coles!

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like cheriechel's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”