Review by Academics04 -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas
Currently Reading: Not Dead Yet
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinwale-taiwo-ilyas.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Review by Academics04 -- Trip to Adele

Post by Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Trip to Adele" by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

The genre of the novel My Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer is a fiction novel, the authors present the book centered around three different characters and bringing each character into action chapter by chapter. Elias; who is in search of his long lost love Malika, Yaseer and Mariam; who are desperately trying to revive the mutual love that ones existed in which they experience and feel love for each other and Nadia with the perfect awareness of her rights which can not make her succumb to her ex-husband domineering let alone her workplace administrative board, the realization of her rights and love for her only son makes her a true independent woman.

The novel mainly follow these three characters from different countries and culture. The novel is told in the first person perspective introducing each character with a new chapter.
The authors present the story of these three characters and their journey to break free of everything that has haunted them, learning harsh truths about fate, religion, courage, desire and guilt as they focus on getting to the Adele concert set to hold in Verona.

One of the thing I like about this book is the authors succinct presentation of the different location in the novel. The detailed description of the environment was quite appalling; the detailed presentation of Amman(Jordan) with her citizens and culture, the attractiveness and mayhem in Las Vegas(USA), the traditional and excruciating imbalances of Marrakesh(Morocco) and her myth to the beautiful and captivating Rome(Italy), makes the novel not only look like a novel but a movie, because by reading you'll get a foresight and understanding of the kind of environment the author is talking about and it seems like you are really seeing it.

The authors love for the singer Adele can not be overlooked, by concluding every single chapter with a lyric from her songs really make me take out my laptop to search her up on Google, I say she's not bad and this authors have help find her a new fan. But I discovered that the chapters are named after Adele songs and the three stories of people all going to see Adele have things going on in their life that match the words in the song in each chapter this confirms that the authors really love this singer.

I was also impressed by the backstory contained in the novel. The authors prepared for this novel well, and it comes through in the writing. The authors convey the story of each character from eight years earlier in this book, and it stays consistent with this throughout the plot with the occasional flash back.

However, from my personal perspective the plot of the story is faulty in one area, I can't pin point the reason why the authors introduce the character Lara and her conflicting relationship with her husband but the book did not make head or tail of her situation, I might as well say the character presentation was needed but it should have been a different scenario around her. I think it's absurd for her to be in a conflicting situation with her husband and still look up to her friend who is of course divorced.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The single fault that I found in the plot is not enough to bring the rating down by one star, but the book also contains quite a few typographical errors. However, I really appreciate the authors accurate perception on some of the inconsistencies that commonly occurs between married couples embroidered in the characters; the married Yaseer and Mariam and the divorced Nadia, I strongly recommend this book to reader who have a strong liking for fiction and romantic novels, and also to married couples and all fans of the singer Adele.

Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Academics04's review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review. It's good you found enough reasons to appreciate the piece despite the errors you've come across. I've read, reviewed and loved the book as well.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas
Currently Reading: Not Dead Yet
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinwale-taiwo-ilyas.html

Post by Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas »

Thanks for taking your time to read my review, the book was quite awesome.
"The reading of all good books📚 is like a conversation with the finest men of past centuries" - Rene Decartes (1596 - 1681)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”