Review by readandsmile -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by readandsmile -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by readandsmile »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How will you manage yourself when you have one week to live? Can you still manage to say goodbye? Final Notice is a science fiction novel written by Van Fleisher, involving senior citizen's discrimination, gun violence and the effects of a new device. This book also incorporates multiple political concerns that portray in our society today.

Final Notice shows the reader on how the characters of the story manage their lives knowing that they will die. Van has a good writing style that is easy to follow throughout the story. The readers will notice that the story has several characters with their own stories. This book is suited for all people who like science fiction especially involving on guns. It also contains a killing scene that is not suitable for minors. Gun holders can easily relate to the story. They will also learn the big responsibility of having a gun.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) provides a senior citizen discount on guns resulting from the uprising case of killings. What will you do in solving a crime? Is it by having a gun? What are your motives for having a gun? Vince and Trudi Fuller are a married elderly couple living in Pasadena, California. They are vulnerable to violence, criticisms, and discrimination by the younger generation. The social media reports involving senior citizen killings and suicide creates sudden fears to the elderly people. Often times, the shooter kills someone before they die.

Why is it the FBI usually found a watch, an iPhone, and a gun on the crime scene? How do Vince and Trudi Fuller manage their lives along with their peers on this kind of violence? Dr. Vijay Patel is the inventor of the new watch that is known as the "VitalTech2 or VT2." VT2 monitors the user's blood and can warn the user. The watch will notify the user, "Final Notice" that indicates he or she will die within the next 30 days. Is this the same watch the FBI usually found at the crime scene?

The bold print of the place guides the reader to the new story makes me appreciate this book. It guides and connects to the next scene. The bold print captures my interest to read the suspenseful events in every scene. The book is easy to read and is written well. I did not encounter any misspelled words or typos. I appreciate the author's description of each character because their role reflects in our generation today. However, the use of a gun triggers to kill the gun owner to kill their opponents. This situation makes me disappointed a bit because it might create an idea that "to kill your enemy is the best solution."

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The story shows interesting topics, hot issues, and politics that portray the real situations in our world today. The reader will also learn how to handle different situations.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like readandsmile's review? Post a comment saying so!
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

You've got the main points. Nice review. I am currently reading this one, too.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by n-dai che »

Yeah right, I agree with your views in this book. Nice review.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I like how you open your review with questions. It is a nice tool to engage the reader and draw them in for more.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

CommMayo wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 11:00 I like how you open your review with questions. It is a nice tool to engage the reader and draw them in for more.
Thanks for your time reading my review.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I have a strong dislike for books with violence. Seems from the review this book contains violence. Although a good review , I'm not a fan of it.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

kwame1977 wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 07:48 I have a strong dislike for books with violence. Seems from the review this book contains violence. Although a good review , I'm not a fan of it.
Thank you very much for reading my review. I understand your feelings in this book.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

Great review! I’m currently reading this one as well and I’m looking forward to reviewing it. It’s definitely a thought provoking read.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

SparklesonPages wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 17:32 Great review! I’m currently reading this one as well and I’m looking forward to reviewing it. It’s definitely a thought provoking read.
You're right. Once you read this, you will ponder many things about life of "what if? ".
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

Yes, the book discusses important and even critical issues such as gun control and discrimination (against the elderly). Best of all, it makes the reader think, and all this while also being an interesting read.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

qsusan wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 07:49 Yes, the book discusses important and even critical issues such as gun control and discrimination (against the elderly). Best of all, it makes the reader think, and all this while also being an interesting read.
I agree! It is so alarming that our elderly oftentimes rejected nowadays. Even in our place, home for the aged grows rapidly.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

Oh.. Hmmm, the book seems tackle an important issues in the world. I want to check this one, too. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”