Review by Ashlee_Maruskin -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashlee_Maruskin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashlee-maruskin.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by Ashlee_Maruskin -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Ashlee_Maruskin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak By Lincoln Cole

Abigail is a hunter who was brought up by Arthur who saved her life. Arthur is also a hunter but he gets dragged into Hell by an extremely powerful demon. Abigail is convinced that she can find out which demon took Arthur and bring him back from Hell. During her quest to find Arthur she comes across Haatim who isn't aware of what his father does as a living or the secrets that the world holds. Suddenly Haatim gets introduced to this world he never knew existed as he assists Abigail with the adventures that find them. Abigail and Haatim end up traveling to Raven's Peak together to continue on their quest for answers about Arthur and live to tell their story.

The author, Lincoln Cole, really sucked me in straight from the prologue, making me want to know what was going to happen next from chapter one to the end of the book. The book ended with me wanting to find the next book just to figure out what actually ended up happening with the characters after their first adventure together. I loved that this book was adventurous and action packed. The author described things so well that i could actually picture the scenes happening in my own head along with sympathizing with the characters.

The only thing that I did not like about the book were the few parts that i had a hard time reading because they were slow and uneventful, unlike the majority of the rest of the book. Other than that I loved the book and I am confident that others would as well.

I gave this book a rating of 4 out of 4. I decided on this rating based off of the story line, characters, no errors and how the story was written. The book seemed to have been written professionally. At the beginning of the book the author used several unique adjectives that i'm not sure that the general public would understand without having to look up. The story line transitioned smoothly throughout the entire book. I liked that I could not always predict what was going to happen next and so I was surprised when certain things happened.

I think that this book would appeal to mainly adolescents and or adults that are interested in the super natural type of books or book series. I am not sure that this book would appeal to older adults. Overall, I think this book is great.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ashlee_Maruskin's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”