Review by Paul78 -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Paul78
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 8
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 37
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading: Executive Hoodlum
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: That Place of Knowledge by Philip Alan Shalka

Review by Paul78 -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Paul78 » 24 Mar 2018, 10:41

[Following is a volunteer review of "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Entrepreneurs have tried several ways to penetrate the markets. The social media has of late joined the list of media used to promote their expertise. However, the impact of the traditional and the contemporary means of presenting oneself out in the world still are not as powerful as any entrepreneur would wish. Every person out there desires to be seen as an expert in their field thus reaping all the benefits that accrue to their expertise. In reality, only a few individuals reap massively, like being able to dictate terms of engagements. Therefore, one would wonder what else an entrepreneur would do to join this privileged few.

Jacqui Pretty in her publication, Book Blueprint, How any entrepreneur can write an awesome book, published by Michael Hanrahan publishing, explores the need for an entrepreneur becoming an author of a book in his area of expertise. The author clarifies that despite entrepreneurs using other media in reaching the market, this one surpasses the rest. She underscores the importance of bringing out a book by quoting Andrew Griffiths,
thud value
of a hard copy rather than an e-book.

She starts by explaining that each entrepreneur has the ability to write several books if the rational approach was used. Subsequently, she demonstrates the importance of having the blueprint of one’s book even before the writing process begins. A book blueprint would enable the author to inscribe the book in the right structure over a short time. This would, in turn, minimize the harsh realities when one after struggling to write the book is advised to remove some chapters, split the book into two which might make the book writing process a herculean task like climbing Mt. Everest. Other authors simply run out of steam and while they had intended authoring a book, they find that the most they can write is half a page and they slowly drift to playing solitaire. She then goes through all the processes of coming up with an ideal book blueprint and at this point I would say she is genuinely an authority!

I would best describe Book Blueprint, as a learning experience right from the cover to the primary text. The confidence displayed by the author in specifying how one would write a blueprint is just amazing. She does not allow entrepreneurs give any excuse for the presence of many experts in the same field.
You know what? You’re right, there are already a lot of books out there on how to write a book, but here you are reading mine.
In addition, several extracts from other authors like Peita Diamantidi’s, Finance Action Hero, have been skillfully inserted to drive the point home.

How I wish the author included some tips on writing fiction books. Some entrepreneurs are prominent storytellers and would feel left out. Presumably, that is for another day. This is a book that can convince anyone to author a book on their area of expertise. In a simple yet authoritative language, she conveys an explicit message. On a lighter note, even a person in their late childhood can write a title, How to be a child. I consider no reservation in my recommendations on who should read this book. Yet the people, who after reading this book will take that important step and author one, will be the principal beneficiaries. This title has been released in the market at the opportune time. I thus wish to rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. For the avoidance of doubt, any prospective author will have added benefits.

Book Blueprint
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Paul78's review? Post a comment saying so!
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin

kwame1977
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Flecks of Red by Melyssa A Harmon

Post by kwame1977 » 29 Mar 2018, 00:46

This is a very comprehensive review. I planned to read this book sometime ago but procrastination wouldn't let me do that. Great book on entrepreneurship. Thanks.

Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>

Post by Paul78 » 29 Mar 2018, 01:17

kwame1977 wrote: ↑
29 Mar 2018, 00:46
This is a very comprehensive review. I planned to read this book sometime ago but procrastination wouldn't let me do that. Great book on entrepreneurship. Thanks.
Thanks for stopping by. There are more than 40 reviews on this book alone. This is beside the official review.
Benjamin Franklin

Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by Al Chakauya » 31 Mar 2018, 04:45

Great review there Paul78- both comrehensive and coherent. I totally agree with you that this a great book written for anyone who wants to write a book. The author showed her competence in this area of writing a good non-fiction book.

CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 6
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 183
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: An Uncommon Folk Rhapsody by C.J. Heigelmann
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo » 31 Mar 2018, 09:58

I like the quote you include from the author about the fact that you are reading her book about how to write a book, despite the plethora of options out there.

Eva Darrington
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-darrington.html
Latest Review: A Little Book of Doctors’ Rules III ... for Oslerian Clinicians by Clifton K Meador. MD

Post by Eva Darrington » 31 Mar 2018, 18:09

I really enjoyed reading your review. I thought the author took her own advice and created a structure that worked really well. Very good point about the author's confidence throughout. It was a pleasure to read. Maybe the author will write her next book on fiction writing. I liked this book as much as you did. Check my review if you like. Thanks so much for a very well done review.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -Scott Adams

Momiji1987
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 166
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momiji1987.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Momiji1987 » 01 Apr 2018, 15:28

This book sounds like an excellent business model for experts! I don’t know if it’s something I can use at this stage, but maybe I’ll check it out.

Sarah Tariq
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Sarah Tariq » 03 Apr 2018, 00:39

Author has provided a valuable service to authors and entrepreneurs. I hope people will get benefit to promote their business. Thanks for your insightful review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

Paul78

Post by Paul78 » 03 Apr 2018, 11:33

Sarah Tariq wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2018, 00:39
Author has provided a valuable service to authors and entrepreneurs. I hope people will get benefit to promote their business. Thanks for your insightful review.
That is my hope as well. As I have noted in my review, those who apply the principles will eventually enjoy the benefits of reading the book.
Benjamin Franklin

Paul78

Post by Paul78 » 04 Apr 2018, 09:45

:tiphat:
Momiji1987 wrote: ↑
01 Apr 2018, 15:28
This book sounds like an excellent business model for experts! I don’t know if it’s something I can use at this stage, but maybe I’ll check it out.
Thanks for checking out on this review. I would agree with you on the same that it is a model for experts. It is worth reading and you wont be disappointed.
Benjamin Franklin

Paul78

Post by Paul78 » 07 Apr 2018, 09:12

Eva Darrington wrote: ↑
31 Mar 2018, 18:09
I really enjoyed reading your review. I thought the author took her own advice and created a structure that worked really well. Very good point about the author's confidence throughout. It was a pleasure to read. Maybe the author will write her next book on fiction writing. I liked this book as much as you did. Check my review if you like. Thanks so much for a very well done review.
Thanks for taking time in checking my review. I agree with you. The author wrote a splendid book. It was awesome to read.
Benjamin Franklin

Cotwani
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 7
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas

Post by Cotwani » 10 Apr 2018, 17:25

What a thorough and insightful review. It has peaked my interest in the book. Thanks!!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Paul78

Post by Paul78 » 12 Apr 2018, 17:41

Cotwani wrote: ↑
10 Apr 2018, 17:25
What a thorough and insightful review. It has peaked my interest in the book. Thanks!!
Thanks for passing by. You are most welcome. The pleasure is mine. This is a book that you will not regret reading it.
Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”