Review by R-Myra -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by R-Myra -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I must say this book is one of the best novels I have read in any series. The Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing is written precisely, accompanied with a well-executed plot. It cannot be read as a stand-alone because you will not understand a thing from this novel. You need to read either second part of this series or both first and second part. I had read only the second part and had enough idea to read the third installment.

Anna Simmons and Rafael Brown succeed in stopping the wedding of Jane Simmons with the help of Suzi. But one small victory was not enough to win the big battle that was rising silently. Eric Dayton and The Prestons had returned, bringing with them a whole lot worse situations that engulfed Anna and Rafael. They had no other options left but to face them together and get rid of their haunting past. After making alliance with people who were a part of their downfall, they are ready to bring the villains down. But what was the catch to complete their mission? Surrounded by drug dealers and liars from all sides, were they ready to pay the price that would even cost their lives?

There are a lot of things that I liked about this book. Some of them are the plot and the characters that are able to surge emotions into you and either sympathize with them or hate them. All the characters have their own reason to be involved in the final part of this series.

There are a few mistakes in this book where the names have been replaced. For example in one of the scenes, Suzi’s name has been replaced by Anna’s. Some spelling mistakes like tickled instead of ticked can be seen. This made me decrease the number of stars. Apart from these mistakes, the book is nicely written. It also contains content related to gay relationship and how they are supported by their friends. The topic is perfectly written and showed the perspective of different people and how they handle the situation. It represented the view of the world on the subject truthfully and I liked it.

I would give The Heartaches 3 3 out of 4 stars. There are no scenes related to violence but action scenes are present. So it can be read by readers who love action and a little bit mature content. But those readers who want to read this book as stand-alone, I would suggest you to not read it. You must read at least the second part of this series, it would be better.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like R-Myra's review? Post a comment saying so!
-R

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”