Review by othusitse -- Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
othusitse
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 50265">WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE NAKED?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-othusitse.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review by othusitse -- Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by othusitse »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A life lived through what is seen to make sense can be a dead end for most people, but the opposite can truly be said about living a life filled with meaning even if it does not necessarily make sense. Rob Wyatt the author of the book Can I Be Frank opens us to this truth through a story filled with a light that is destined to shine in a lot of controversy. Having not just to adapt to new cultures in a foreign land but also having to choose between the meaning of truth in your life and what seems to be sense to those who are trapped in the heat of reality. All this venture through one man’s faith.

Rob Wyatt brings his readers on a seventy chapter’s journey of a man ‘Frank’ who becomes a priest as a way of having a job security, no real competition and most of all a lodging. This English young man who happens to share a familiar name with the great Father Francis finds himself sent to the American Saint Francis of Assisi church for a mission that turns out to be a challenge for him than he really bargained for. The young priest who seems to be able to reference the Dukes of Hazzard in some of his statements finds himself having to adapt to the American culture under the care of another priest. As if that is not enough to bare, his new fond destination becomes a nightmare when he goes against the most powerful and worshipped man in town ‘Gene Charmois’. A man with a bruised ego who goes after the young priest’s parishioners while tainting his name in the process just to get his way.

The author makes the book exciting by beginning each chapter with a bible scripture that gives you a bit of insight of the events that may take place in that one chapter. Frank who can sometimes find himself at a bar for a drink called the fly balls later has more problems when he has to defend his Mexican friends from Gene’s schemes. Ginny, Karl and Martha make his battle easier as they help him fight against Gene. The four musketeers by God’s grace end up finding a leverage to use against Mr. Charmois and finally bring an end to his power of the town.

I have found myself enticed in reading this book because it carries the elements of romance, mystery, comedy and a matter of faith tested to the extreme. It opened my mind to realizing that just because many people agree with something it does not necessarily mean it’s right. I thereby find this book exhilarating and interesting at the same time. Exhilarating because of the truth that stands out and interesting in view of how each bible scripture relays the story behind each chapter.

All reality starts as a dream first, but when it finally sets in life becomes more about standing up for what you believe in. I thereby rate this book 4 out of 4 simply because it inspired me to always stand up for what I believe in, and its book for all who need this kind of inspiration.

Can I Be Frank?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like othusitse's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”