Review by Wasif Ahmed -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wasif Ahmed
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Review by Wasif Ahmed -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Jen Foley is a hilarious book for kids between the ages of three and seven. It is 26 pages and was published by New Horizon Health Ltd. on September 20, 2017.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! is not a story. It is more like a poem with no rhyming scheme about all the dirty things the writer has and why this book smells so bad. The illustrations which have also been made by the author-Jen Foley include some hilarious animated art along with some real pictures like that of a banana and a pizza. These illustrations have been well formatted in this colorful book to give children a good time. The main attraction of this book is off course the smelly socks whose smell varies from that of a rotten cabbage to an ostrich’s breath (if that is possible!).

This book is a result of the author’s vivid imagination about all the smelly things that exist in this world. The book will certainly be enjoyed by young kids with a good sense of humor (or should I say smelly?) as they will be giggling to themselves the entire time. The book rhymes which makes it more fun to read out loud to kids or by kids themselves. The illustrations are also really hilarious and also contribute in making this book a really great read for young kids.

I felt that some things in this book were a little too disgusting. Sure, the kids may laugh through these parts as well but some things like the description of the dirty diaper which had been wiped on the pages of a book could have been left out. In addition to this, I feel that this book is not every kid’s cup of tea. Some kids may not find the disgusting things in this book funny. Only kids with a good sense of humor will like this book. I recommend that parents or guardians first read the free sample available on Amazon and then decide whether their kid would enjoy this book or not.

I would have rated this book 3.5 stars if I could but I believe that it deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The book was professionally edited with no grammatical errors or mistakes. It had far lesser words than the amount of words in this review. I was deducting 0.5 stars because of the things I stated in the first part of the previous paragraph. The book also has some tough words which will definitely help to enhance the vocabulary of the child. It certainly did make me open the dictionary more than once. As some last words I would like to add that this short, adorable and colorful book will certainly make a fun read for young kids with a good sense of humor. Make sure that your kid has a good stomach before giving this book to him or her as he may feel like puking halfway through the book.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Wasif Ahmed's review? Post a comment saying so!
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.

LinaMueller
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 136
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Oracle Virus by Paul Michel Privateer

Post by LinaMueller »

This book doesn't teach anything worthwhile at all. It is just fun for kids. Am i correct? Sorry, I didn't read it. Anyway, I appreciated your review. Good job, Wasif Ahmed.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”