Review by Clinical1 -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by Clinical1 -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Clinical1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 2 – Bad Boy Vibes by H.M. Irwing is an erotic romance based on the taboo relationships between adults. Erotica, literature or art intended to arouse sexual desire, is not a genre enjoyed by everyone. But if erotica is your genre, then this book will certainly capture that for you.

Taboo - prohibited or restricted by social custom. People being naughty. Doing what feels good, even when it’s not accepted by polite society. In the 1950’s wearing a 2-piece bathing suit, a bikini, was considered taboo. Prior to 1990, same-sex relationships were universally considered taboo. To the principle characters in this book, group sex, threesomes, same-gender intercourse, bondage, rape, and incest are accepted. But not to everyone. Not to the victims.

In this second book of the trilogy, Anna and Rafe have revealed the tortures of their pasts to each other and are trying to move forward with their own relationship. They are still haunted through their dreams but provide strength and hope for each other. Their relationship is expressed in their physical passion as well as their mental bond. The author straddles the line between romance and erotica in the physical scenes. There are vivid descriptions of the sexual scenes, but the details are left to the readers imagination.

Trouble is just around the corner for our pair when they are once again face-to-face with their demons. Both Anna and Rafe are forced to face the men who are the source of their worst realities and nightmares. The men who performed vile acts to each of them have infiltrated Anna and Rafe's daily lives. Once again faced their demons, they both come to the horrific realization they are still drawn to the dark abuse they suffered. Are they truly victims? Or deep down, did they want the mental and physical abuse they suffered in that sick and sadistic manner?

Heartaches 2 – Bad Boy Vibes shows us the worst in people. The purveyors of the vilest acts are men in authority, inflicting some of the worst kind of abuse. These dark men, and their dark actions are difficult to read. To enjoy this book, you must truly enjoy this genre of writing.
Although persons of authority, more often men than women, have abused their power for generations, the writer stretches the boundaries of belief. As a work of fiction, I choose to believe these acts are truly fiction and that no one has ever been in the same position as Anna and Rafe.

The relationship between Anna and those around her in the military school are very realistic and well described. Like any large institution, where people are forced to live in close quarters,
friendships and loyalties are formed. The friendship between Anna and Pat adds levity to the darker side of the book. The loyalty of the other students to Rafe are instrumental in keeping Anna safe.

Heartaches 2 – Bad Boy Vibes contained grammar and writing errors that were not caught by editing. Two of these errors made comprehension of the sentence difficult, ultimately upsetting the flow for the reader. The second book of the trilogy was better than the first. The writer is becoming more comfortable, and as a reader, I was more aware there will be more to come. I gave this book 3 out of 4 stars. I am looking forward to the conclusion in book 3 to see how these relationships evolve and the horrors are resolved.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Clinical1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

Just finished reading book 3. Will start working on my review in the morning. No internet due to storm so I will save on my data.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

I liked the book as well. I am about to read the 3rd part of it.
Do you suggest to read the next part?
Congrats on the nice review.
Can you please check out my review on the same book and leave your comments.
http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 44&t=64304
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”