Review by Dark Raeloe -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga b...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dark Raeloe
Currently Reading: Divergent
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dark-raeloe.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by Dark Raeloe -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga b...

Post by Dark Raeloe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solaris Seethes

Right of the bat, this story pulled me in and kept me ensnared in its tales. From the get-go, there is action packed within the first few pages and several plot twists you would not expect so soon. The details make the story so easy to lose yourself in, easy to imagine everything taking place as if it were a movie playing right before your eyes or as if you are experiencing it yourself.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a full 4 because I did notice few grammatical errors, but other than that the book was very wonderful. I also did not give it 2 stars because this book and author deserve much more credit than that. I would highly recommend this book to someone who enjoys sci-fi and mythology. This is not a book I would recommend to someone who likes documentaries or wants something based from real events.

I like the whole fantasy feel to this, I have always loved fantasy books, movies and tv shows ever since I was a little girl. A lot of thought and effort was put into making this entire world of things we can barely even begin to think of that could be possible. The more you read, the more this book pulls you in which is not an easy feat. There is a lot of action and mystery mixed together in this novel. It’s not just more to one side than it is to the other, it is perfectly mixed, very well planned out and executed.

It may have some clichés, like having a bad guy and a hero trying to stop sad bad guy, and there is romance in there. Let’s be honest, what is a delightful story without a bit of romance in it? In my opinion, these clichés are what some people really look forward to in stories, to see how the author is different from others with their take on said clichés. It is always refreshing to see different takes on clichés because it opens your eyes to how someone else sees the world.

The one thing I did not like was how the points of view changed in the beginning, though I do understand that it was necessary. It just was a bit confusing to begin with, though it made sense after getting further into the story. Other than that, the story was extremely beautiful, and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. I thoroughly enjoyed how the story kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next!

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Dark Raeloe's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”