Review by Sarah Tariq -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing, is the third book of romance in series. It’s a story of love, deceit, and ordeal that life presents to Anna Walter- Simons, a student at a vocational college and Rafe Luis Brown, a soldier recently came back from Syria. Owing to the same turbulent past, both find close intimacy in each other.

In the start, we see Anna find solace in voluptuary life. She passionately loved Matt, but soon she recognized, the man whom she loved by heart and soul is not less than a demon. The physical and mental agony she faced during the whole period haunts her memory as a nightmare. To top it all off, the bitter relations with his step-father and step-brother further aggravates the situation. While passing through this turmoil, Anna meets Rafe, who through his selfless love makes his place in Anna’s heart.

Heartaches 3 mostly revolve around Anna and Rafe. Rafe is committed to secure Anna’s lost confidence by confronting her enemies, who used her and then threw like a tissue paper. The pain and pleasure they faced together joint them to get through the horrible period of their life.

When I chose the book, I was expecting more. But I could not find anything, very much appealing. Though the overall story is a pure romance, in which protagonist character Anna becomes the victim of sexual assault. But the way, the author portrays her character, was not inspiring to me. We do not see Anna with a strong character, ready to thwart any mean attempt; rather we see her as a weeping-willow and a hedonistic person, who is just ready to fall into sin. And this negative quality may withdraw the sympathies of a reader from her, despite her role to behave as a brave girl in subsequent chapters.

The language used in the book was often confusing and I found it difficult to comprehend. Moreover, the story is a slow paced and monotonous with few turns, at least in this book of the series. It did not appeal me much. I know, this book has been high rating, but it was difficult for me to award it more than 1 star. So my final rating for this book is 1 out of 4 stars. The book contained many explicit scenes that drove me nuts. So the readers who bother with such scenes should steer clear of it. But those who are interested in dark romance novels, they would certainly enjoy it.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sarah Tariq's review? Post a comment saying so!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Oh so sad to hear you disappointed in this book. I planned on reading the trilogy but I changed my mind after reading your review. Thank you for your honest review. I wonder what's with the high ratings on Amazon.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

This book is classified as erotic. I haven't read it myself because I'm not interested in that genre, but since I've read other reviews about it, it seems this third book does not have anything different in the plot. My advice: If you don't like this type of books either, stay away from them. Otherwise, you won't find any appeal in them. Thanks for your review, still!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Dolor wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 11:36 Oh so sad to hear you disappointed in this book. I planned on reading the trilogy but I changed my mind after reading your review. Thank you for your honest review. I wonder what's with the high ratings on Amazon.
Thanks for your worthy feedback, Dolor. At least this book was not inspiring. You can try other books of this genre, if you like.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Kalin Adi wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 14:14 This book is classified as erotic. I haven't read it myself because I'm not interested in that genre, but since I've read other reviews about it, it seems this third book does not have anything different in the plot. My advice: If you don't like this type of books either, stay away from them. Otherwise, you won't find any appeal in them. Thanks for your review, still!
I like this genre, but this book of the series was not according to my expectations. Well, every one has different perspective. I hope, the other books of this genre would be good enough. Anyways thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

Great review! Anna's character definitely needs to be developed, at one point I wanted to shake her just so she could stop crying and feeling sorry for herself. I usually like books from this genre, and I think this one could have turned out much better with proper editing and some minor changes.
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

great review, you know every one seems to have said the same thing, and found big issues with the lead female, might have to avoid this at all costs
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

alisonedgee wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 13:25 great review, you know every one seems to have said the same thing, and found big issues with the lead female, might have to avoid this at all costs
Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The BookWorm Nagham wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 04:23 Great review! Anna's character definitely needs to be developed, at one point I wanted to shake her just so she could stop crying and feeling sorry for herself. I usually like books from this genre, and I think this one could have turned out much better with proper editing and some minor changes.
You are absolutely right. It could be improved with proper editing and some more focus on character development.

📕📖📰📓📕
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

I read the first book of this series and ran as far and as fast as I could. Really not a good read for me. It's a shame it was a bad read but I'm relieved that I'm not the only one. Enjoyed your review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

JR Mercier wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 04:31 I read the first book of this series and ran as far and as fast as I could. Really not a good read for me. It's a shame it was a bad read but I'm relieved that I'm not the only one. Enjoyed your review.
Yes it was a difficult read for me too. Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Sorry for the disappointment of your high expectations of the book not being met. Been there! I think authors should try to make their lead characters likeable - even if it's in one aspect.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Cotwani wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 13:49 Sorry for the disappointment of your high expectations of the book not being met. Been there! I think authors should try to make their lead characters likeable - even if it's in one aspect.
Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 13:49 I read the review of Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing, written by Sarah Tariq .
I feel so sad to know that Sarah felt so deeply about the sexual assault of Anna. actually when a girl is caught to a victim of such exploitation in the absence of any help and support , what she should do? The first love of Anna was not base on sincerity so the disappointments lead to the further failure. How can she accomodate herself in such a situation? anyway I liked the love story of Anna and Rafe.
Thanks for your feedback, Fozia!

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”