Review by volkeenterprises -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
volkeenterprises
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-volkeenterprises.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by volkeenterprises -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by volkeenterprises »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway is a story about an intelligent orphaned eighteen year old, Alex Fine. Even though he had a rough start to his life he is on the road to attending Columbia University with a Scholarship . Just months shy of starting at the University he discovers his unusual ability to transport himself through a computer cable into the internet. Using this capability has him traveling anywhere in the world that has a computer terminal and internet access. While in the digital web he is able to connect to any data that he passes by simply touching a packet or shelf. While connected to data packets he is capable of downloading entire databases and changing the historical data. With his new found abilities he has decided to even out the score and play a Robin Hood of sorts. He chooses to take from the rich criminals and give to worthwhile charities as well as becoming extremely wealthy himself. In a short period of time, Alex Fine has detoured from his original goals of a higher education to using what, appears to be limitless powers for good by helping others. Along the way his plans are often not thought through and he makes his fair share of mistakes that cause pain to some that are closest to him. All the while he is trying to understand how he came to have such powers and what the truth behind it really is.

Superhighway provides a great story for this computer age that we live in. Alex’s abilities are what hackers would love to have available to them. I loved the way he changed the criminals lives by removing most of the money they had achieved though illegal means and his plans for his future removal of funds from others was ingenious. The way Alex came up with the Robin Hood actions was as I would imagine many teenagers that grew up the way he did would respond. Taking care of themselves first but also taking care of those he cared about.
The story sucks you in as you see an innocent young man come into power and money. On the road to achieving these he will lose his innocence in many ways but the drive to find out the truth of his family and what happened to them only grows. I love that he tries to even the score for his family though he never met any of them.

The only negative thing I would say is that I would remove chapter 1 from the book. Having it be the first thing you read tended to confuse the reader and it did not help the story. I read it again after I completed the book and it no longer was confusing but still unnecessary.

I would rate this book Superhighway a 3 out of 4 stars. The book is very well written with a storyline that was interesting and made you cheer on Alex even when he was not necessarily doing the “right” thing. I eagerly wait to read the next installment to see where Alex goes from here. Again, this was a great book and the only thing I would change is the removal of the first chapter.

I have noted three errors. In Chapter 10 Location 859 the sentence reads “That morning people seemed to be obsessed with anything thing related to sex.” (remove thing) Chapter 33 Location 2471 the sentence reads “I headed for the kitchen where I was greeted a by an old maid who introduced herself as Marta.” (remove a) Lastly Chapter 37 Location 2796 the sentence reads “At about midnight, Feeling dazed and hungry, I got out of bed and went the kitchen to make a sandwich.” (to is missing)

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like volkeenterprises's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”