Review by jeminah28 -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
jeminah28
2018 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeminah28.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by jeminah28 -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by jeminah28 » 16 Mar 2018, 22:41

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are different things that bother us, but smelly socks often annoying. It disturbs our concentration until we get irritated. How are we going to solve this? This poor hygiene will only be solved by having self-discipline. Self-discipline is the key to have organized surroundings.

The boy named Sigfried smells something unusual in his room. He takes a look at his book. He found a pizza slice, tiny drops of peanut butter and chewing gum. His book doesn't make the strong smell. He sniffs a strong odor that makes him bother. His naughty dog Oscar was there, but there is still a very bad smell. His sister Piper's diaper was on the scene. Could this be the source of the smell? He never stops searching until he solved the stuff that makes the strong odor. Under his bed, he found his problems' source. What is beneath his bed that creates a bad odor?

Len Foley's book Sigfried's Smelly Socks will teach children how to become responsible for their own things. Len portrays the result of laziness that will ignite irritation. Sigfried loses his concentration by searching the terrible smell. If a child that doesn't know how to put things correctly will grow up irresponsible. Their young mind thought that this thing won't bother me.

Everybody can relate to Len's story because almost all people wear socks. If only Sigfried learns how to put things in the correct manner, he won't be bothered. Sigfried's character is common to children as well as to adults who are not trained at the early age. It causes trouble when things are scattered everywhere.

I like the pictures because it entertains me. I enjoyed reading and watching the pictures. The description of the thing corresponds to the colored pictures. I like the author's choice of the font style because it easily captures the reader's attention. I recommend this book to all mothers who love to read a bedtime story to their kids. Reading loudly will guide the young audience to practice reading and saying the right pronunciation.

This book belongs to children's genre, but will also teach a great lesson for the adult. The book looks funny, and it is easy to read. I did not find any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Len helps the parents depict the result of laziness that even adult can relate. I do not have a negative comment because the story flows well and full of fun. This book is good as an educational book for beginners.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like jeminah28's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Reading never stops even if there is an ending."
_jem_

pinklover
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 9
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: God Versus The Idea of God by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by pinklover » 22 Mar 2018, 07:23

Nice review! Your point gives me an idea of laziness. Thanks!
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.

kwame1977
2018 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Freedom From Debt by Es Westmoreland

Post by kwame1977 » 25 Mar 2018, 05:19

A good review. I have also reviewed this book but unfortunately my ratings is different from yours. Well done!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”