Review by OpiyoCharles254 -- Heaven and Earth

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OpiyoCharles254
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opiyocharles254.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Review by OpiyoCharles254 -- Heaven and Earth

Post by OpiyoCharles254 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a fact and fiction book by Arturo Riojas. The fiction part of the book talks about visitation of earth by aliens from another planet. The aliens are said to posses better technology than that on earth and therefore they come to earth with a purpose of helping the humans overcome the problems faced in their environment.

The factual part of the book speaks of the cadmium poisoning in human beings acquired through use of fertilizers which contain phosphates that have cadmium in various amounts depending on the place origin. The sources of cadmium, effects on body organs and remedies have been mentioned together with reference journals and websites.

The book is entertaining and personally i enjoyed reading it since the stories have been given in good flow and with detailed descriptions including the use of pictures for further elaboration. As they say, seeing is believing.

The author has also blended the story with non-English language (Spanish) together with relevant translations breaking the boredom of the book and making reading more fun.

The book has also been written in a good format to accommodate those readers who might not be interested in the factual part of it. The two parts are exclusively independent hence one can read the section of interest and without having to refer to another and at the end of the day get the information being driven across by the author.

The book is however boring at some sections where the author is describing the aliens part which is full of imagination and one might not want to go far with reading such sections especially when they try to visualize the information. The book also contains typos and grammatical errors such;; bloodwork instead of blood work at page 41, hand picked instead of hand-picked or handpicked at page 44, computerenhanced instead of computer enhanced at page 46, and the inevitable consequences will not be know for many centuries page 100, knowing that the debt they would incurred page 248, like my Oleub and for my Aleub, use of the names interchangeably at page 253, cause-andeffect mentality, Copper bracelets are reported used to.. page261, I though Dr. Mohammad at page 267 among others.

The author has however achieved his purpose of entertaining the reader and passing the information concerning the cadmium poisoning across to the readers providing even further reference journals and websites.The book is well written and personally I give it a rating of three out of four.

Heaven and Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like OpiyoCharles254's review? Post a comment saying so!
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

Thank you for your review. It sounds like the book gives a lot of information, but I'm not sure it's something I would be interested in.
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

In my opinion, sci-fi novels should always at least include real scientific ideas, even if they don't focus on being informative. This sounds like an interesting premise, but one the author should probably have polished a bit more.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”