Review by Lucky78 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucky78
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucky78.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by Lucky78 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Lucky78 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Raven’s Peak” by Lincoln Cole is a paranormal/horror novel that takes you on an incredible ride in the land of demons and demonic possessions. It follows the line of good versus evil while the lines are blurred.

The beginning of the book had me debating if it would follow the example of “Stigmata” or “Angels and Demons”. Allowing the reader into the mind of “the Reverend” was a beautiful dark start of the novel that had me enticed from the start. It was a little disappointing that we lost that character so fast. I feel it would’ve given this book a whole extra dimension if that was not the case.

The story of Abigail and Haatim is action packed, starting from the unusual first encounter all the way to the end of the book. Demonic possessions, secret societies of religious leaders as well as demon worshipping cults lures the lovers of the paranormal like moth to a flame. Abigail is a hunter that fights evil most of her life and Haatim is a theology student and a blogger that has lost faith in God when he lost his sister to cancer. Although he is older than Abigail, he is more mellow of the two. It only allows the reader to understand that age does not mean much in the school of life. Situations and life paths make us warriors, like Abigail, or if we have been sheltered like Haatim we struggle to come to terms with the cruelty of life in many ways.

Many plots, twists and turns are entwined throughout the story that keeps you flipping the next page with anticipation. The characters are very well developed and easily likable. They all have their shortcomings like the rest of us, as well as their own battles, doing the right thing or preserving one’s self. Loyalties and faith are tested on every turn and while the pace of the book is slow, it still leaves you sitting on the edge of your seat.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The storytelling is inviting, the characters multidimensional and there was no debate in my mind regarding the rating of it. Lovers of paranormal stories will not go wrong with it.

All in all, it’s a wonderful start to a series; one that will keep a loyal following. It’s a shame the Reverend was not a bigger part of it.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Lucky78's review? Post a comment saying so!
bookreviewer2016
Currently Reading: The Silent Corner
Bookshelf Size: 2910
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewer2016.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by bookreviewer2016 »

Sounds like an interesting book. I am a big fan of paranormal stories. I also like it when the characters are tested in emotional or philosophical ways, which it sounds like the author does in this book. Thanks for the review.
Lucky78
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucky78.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Lucky78 »

You’re welcome. It’s definitely worth reading.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”