Review by Bukari -- McDowell by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Review by Bukari -- McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Bukari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "McDowell" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hiram McDowell was a great man indeed a docter for that matter a surgeon, a renowned surgeon of high caliber. Well to do in life wealthy and well recognised as one of the best surgeons in the college of surgeons and the world at large. He enjoyed what he has earned but his relationship with his colleague surgeons was not going well. Even his family affairs were stumbling, he had a wife who died battling a deadly disease cancer. He married a second wife but wasn't just Lucky the second wife later left him because Hiram couldn't manage the family affairs well. Due to his busy work schedule as a great surgeon with fame and respect. He was holding a high position of the college but later took over the mantle of the college the president. But his saboteurs wouldn't allow him to keep the post for long, they brought criminal charges against him of forging research work. Through the inquiry by the college of surgeons and further investigations he was discharged of any wrong act. But his enemies did not give up they kept on pushing for him to be removed from post, through their allegations. Finally Hiram was dismissed by the board from the college.

He had stubborn children and a grandchild, making home uncomfortable for him. But live must continue, later his grandchild attempted suicide and killed his colleagues while badly injuring himself. He was on admission and on life support because of the severity of the condition. But McDowell thought it wise the child should have passed away because of the state he was in. However his grandfather being a surgeon that is his field knew what to do for the boy to rest in peace. The child died and Hiram was the main suspect, he was arrested, tried and was convicted by the investigation team. Hiram couldn't live in the prison for long he escaped and was on the run.

The fired surgeon was now a fugitive wandering from place to place in the wilderness. Hiram had prayed that his life will be better, he was in the wilderness for long and thought it is good to interact with people. Talking to people could reduce or conquer his anger and rage. He decided to move out into human settlement, but he was careful not to mess his life again. He started writing a memoir about his entire journey in life so that people could judge how unjust life is. While writing he was in contact with his daughter Sophie his favorite among his children. While on exile moving from city to city, Paige and the entire general team were still looking among the lows and the highs for the murderer.

As time goes on McDowell lived peacefully with people of different levels. Meanwhile posters of Hiram McDowell were everywhere seeking his whereabouts, he was fast in vanishing a place when the investigation team was around. But how long could it continue, he was later shot dead by some unknown security personnel in hideout. Information reached his daughter Sophie and Paige the investigator, the team came to see what had happened to the surgeon. Now lay lifeless it is finished they were investigations to help them know who and what actually caused his death.

In summary I think this book is worth reading because as a human being you come across challenges everyday. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars, because I see no grammatical errors or typographical errors. I will recommend it to my friends in the health sector the book is easy to understand, but may be difficult to understand to those with little knowledge about the terms in some portions of the book.

McDowell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Bukari's review? Post a comment saying so!
Georgia Lyonhyde
Currently Reading: A Tale For The Time Being
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgia-lyonhyde.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Georgia Lyonhyde »

I'm currently reading this book off of the back of highly rated reviews. I am thoroughly enjoying the writing. Every reader's experience seems to be different.

One think that strikes me though is how every one remarks about the lack of mistakes. I'm only on chapter 23 and I have found 5 mistakes including the interchanging spellining of Candace/ Candice.
You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.
–Paul Sweeney :tiphat:
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

This is a great review and very well written/informative.
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”