Review by bookiegalke -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Review by bookiegalke -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by bookiegalke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Revenge is a dish best served cold. This is what Heartache 3- bad boy vibes is all about. A third installment of the heartache series by H M Irwing, this romance genre lives up to its synopsis. The book’s writing takes romance to a whole new level by spicing it up with a bit of crime thriller scenes. In the midst of a love story, a pursuit to fight a drug cartel takes place. Jealousy and greed take center stage between family members. The story is set in Melbourne Australia with a timeline spread out in the different months of the year.

The main characters, Anna Walter Simmons and Rafe Luis Brown are two love birds that fight for their love with all their strength, intellect and resources at their disposal. Friends and foes alike prove to be necessary ammunition for Anna and Rafe in their pursuit for what they believe to be justice. The writer stays alive to modern day relationships trend between persons of the same sex and those of the opposite sex. Whether a reader agrees with the writer’s perspective on this issue is a topic whose jury is out there.

This being the third installment, I must say I had slight difficulty comprehending the plot of the story since its development is largely dependent on the previous installments. I think my experience would have been different if I had read the first and second installments. That notwithstanding, the writer adopts a writing style that is laser focused on developing the main characters as well as the support characters.

For a romance genre book, sexual scenes are explicit so care should be exercised by those who rather avoid such scenes. The scene where a wedding ceremony was called off and the events that led to its calling off, was the most interesting part for me. Anyone who gets to read this book will probably have a similar experience that I had. As crime is fought, violence precipitates but this does not overshadow the romance and I found this to be an equally mind blowing for me.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is admirable how the writer employs creativity to pen down a love story that is easy to follow through. The editing seems professionally done, the pages layout are proper and the language is simple to understand. For those who like to amuse themselves with a good love story, this would probably be in your list of choices.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bookiegalke's review? Post a comment saying so!
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

I have read the book and I agree with most of your review. However I feel the writer used our curiousity about past events in the first and second instalments to create intrigue and increase interest in the plot. Also the key plot points were subtly revealed in the course of the novel.
stalliongirlke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stalliongirlke.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by stalliongirlke »

Looks like the third installment was a happy ending
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for great review on this romantic book which is seem had good moral ending , your rating also make it sound like this is well written book
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
bluesky5_
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluesky5.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bluesky5_ »

I couldn't even finish the second book it was so boring and uninteresting to me. I was going to read Heartaches 3 but have decided not to.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

bluesky5_ wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 13:28 I couldn't even finish the second book it was so boring and uninteresting to me. I was going to read Heartaches 3 but have decided not to.
I bet you are not a fan of romance novels if you really did not give Heartaches 2 a chance. I couldn't put the book down myself, which in turn led me to reading Heartaches 3. The Bad Boy Vibes Series is awesome.
bluesky5_
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluesky5.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bluesky5_ »

Well, 50 Shades of Grey was that way for me. I guess it was the background in the story. I do like to read romance novels, they just have to interest me.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”