Review by HouseOfAtticus -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by HouseOfAtticus -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Despite its slightly futuristic premise, it's a book intended to trigger immediate recognition of our country’s ongoing problems.”

Final Notice by Van Fleisher is perfect for people who have been concerned about the recent American shootings and find themselves on the brink of frustration over the lack of empathy of the authorities. The book helps the author explore the themes of ageing, immigration, extreme political conservatism and corruption. The book also deals with and outright condemns the influence of NRA in USA. If you are a leftist, you will absolutely love this book, and if you lean towards the right, who knows, this book might change your mind.

The book is an esoteric work and caters to the concerns of the left, exploring the possibilities of a dystopian future, and bringing to light the truth about the dystopian present. The work extensively uses satire and humour to lighten the mood of the reader who would otherwise find himself reading about very serious issues. The perspective essentially draws readers towards itself, with the author speaking about perhaps the most pressing issue that currently plagues America.

The book reminded me of a lot of dystopian works that I have come across. I felt that it dealt with the theme with a certain grace and eloquence that is rarely seen in novels. When it comes to the plot of the book, the author didn’t disappoint. I felt that the plot was strong and fluid, and I couldn’t find any errors in the narrative. The plot of the book drew me towards it, and at no point did I feel like putting the book down.

Even the characterisation of the book was wonderful. I felt that the book had very strong characters with history on their backs. The strong and well-developed storyline was beautifully embellished with the narratives of different characters that added value to the master narrative and came with their own set of idiosyncrasies.

I also felt that the writing style of the author was quite fluid, and errors were hard to find. The author intertwined a serious narrative with elements of humour, giving the reader breathing space and the chance to find catharsis while reading this book. The sentences were fluid and the grammar of the author is impeccable.

All of these elements made me come to the conclusion that the book deserves 4 out of 4 stars. There is no doubt that I loved issue that has been dealt with in the book, but even the way the author has talked about this issue is quite unique. This book is for young adults and adults who find themselves deeply concerned about the recent dynamics in America, as well as those who would like to know more about such social issues.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like HouseOfAtticus's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

I am in the middle of reading this now. So far I am enjoying it, as I have enjoyed your review.
Immaculate karanja
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Immaculate karanja »

totally amazing..... am loving this book.,.
Yakub Harun
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yakub Harun »

Good to hear. thanks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”