Review by Rollison_d1 -- Guardian of Deceit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rollison_d1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rollison-d1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Rollison_d1 -- Guardian of Deceit

Post by Rollison_d1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Guardian of Deceit is written by William H Coles. It falls into the fiction genre but is similar to a biography styled book. It is simple and easy to read. It has romance, mystery, drama and more.

Darwin Hastings is a 17-year-old orphan who is sent to live with his cousin Luther. Darwin's main focus from the beginning is getting into a good school in order to get the best education so that he can work in the medical field. Luther, his cousin, is a famous football player who now has control of Darwin's trustfund but does not want him to use this money. He wants Darwin to earn his own money first.

You will meet many characters in this book and the author makes sure you get to know all of them. For example, Sweeney is a famous singer and songwriter who becomes Darwin's best friend but is also Luther's girlfriend. They're there for each other throughout the book.

This story will walk you through Darwins life and his struggles. The struggles include financials, schooling, relationships, secrets, etc. It even throws it in a mystery. You will see Darwin grow up and how he handles making money, who he learns to care for, what he values and what he learns from others. You will literally learn all about Darwin! You will also learn other character's struggles and how they deal with them.

The book does skip through some gaps in Darwin's life but I believe the authors intentions are to make sure all his years could be covered in one book. The author does hit the important parts of his life and connects them so that you were not left wondering too much about what happened in between. I would say it covers a span of at least 10 to 15 years.

I give this book a three out of four rating because even though it was well written and did Keep my interest, I just wish there was more of an ending or even a better plot. I gather the point the author ended with was that Darwin finally found true love but the book ends before the relationship starts. I think Dominique (one of Darwins crushes towards the end of the book) should have played a bigger role during the book. I would've liked to of learned more about her as I did so many other characters. I think this is a book a lot of readers can connect with.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Rollison_d1's review? Post a comment saying so!
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Interesting review with hints of spoiler alerts.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”