Review by Iamsofia -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Iamsofia
Currently Reading: Achieve Your Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamsofia.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by Iamsofia -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Iamsofia »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? By William. E. combs is a Christian religious book which reflects the author’s thought on the popular story of Adam and eve and its ramifications for all people and its relation to vital fundaments in Christianity.

It explained about why God put the tree of good and evil in the middle of the garden and commanded them not to eat from it, even though it was a temptation in the way. Adam and eve could have chosen not to eat the forbidden fruit but God allowed then to pick which path to follow. The one of obedience and the one of transgression; and choosing to disobey God created all kinds of feelings they have never dealt with; Fear, shame and knowledge of good and evil.

The book visibly discusses the plan of salvation, little and real faith and society mindset that salvation is not needed. It contains only ten chapters and each chapter is filled with scriptures, personal testimonies from the author and others add to the insight and information that it presents. Every chapter ends with thoughtful study questions on which to reflect and delve deeper in reading the book.

The first few chapters got me intrigued as the author gave a well descriptive and in-depth story about Adam and eve and the Garden of Eden. I could clearly imagine the beautiful garden and I felt like I was in the garden with them and it shouldn’t end, even though their journey was cut short when they were sent out of the garden as a result of disobeying God. The description in the book was very simple and straightforward and it gives the reader the ability to convey the message in a vast and simple style, Even though I didn’t agree with all his conclusion and found some unscriptural.

This book is a great read for a new Christian and the experienced one because it reminds the reader that Jesus and his sacrifice is the real reason there is absolute forgiveness. It is filled with wisdom and insights from the author. It teaches that learning faith can be tough. The author explains sin, salvation, faith and death and many other concepts in an easy way, but he emphasizes more on salvation and sin. And since Adam and eve were certainly not the last to disobey God, He also introduces the reader to other biblical characters that dealt with sin and how God offered his mercy and grace.

I therefore give Who Told You That You Were Naked? By William. E. Combs a 4 out of 4 stars. I think it will be appropriate for bible study, so I strongly recommend it for every Christian because it gives a better explanation of the story of Adam and eve.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Iamsofia's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”