Review by NeonKay -- Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NeonKay
Favorite Book: Guradian of Deceit
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neonkay.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Review by NeonKay -- Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by NeonKay »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Guardian of Deceit written by William H. Cole is a literary story that expresses the quest for love and relationship. It tackles about dramatic experience of awkward relationships that sprung from a deceitful affection and the expectations for love. With all account, the plot revolves around the main character and how he deals with the people and conditions around him. Though lack of supervision, he positively manages his life and maintains interesting relationship with all the people he knew.

In the story, it all started with an orphaned teenager living previously with his aunt in Pittsburgh. Because of the early death of his parents and the disability of his aunt to take care of him, Darwin Hastings has to fly to New York City and meet his new guardian. This guardian is an established, famous football celebrity, whom he believes he can depend his life on. Darwin was excited to meet Luther Pinelli and start a new life in his cousin’s mansion.

In the first day of Darwin’s stay, he slowly predicts the uncertainties of his future. He saddened over the things he previously hoped. Luther refused to provide him his needs. And there’s no way that he can access his parent’s inheritance. But Darwin, with virtue and moral foundation influenced by his parents, accepted his fate wilfully. Darwin promised to follow the footsteps of his father and this took him to build good relationship with the Malverne’s family. But will Darwin able to sustain the relationship he had with them?

I enjoy reading this book a lot. It has a lot of events that made me ponder at times. The characters are interesting. They are famous and high profiled people who strived to retain social reputation and integrity. The author was able to properly deliver a series of event by which you need not to worry so much if you'll remember them. Every read is like an uninterrupted flow by which when you choose to rest, a series of events still linger to your thoughts. In every character you understand every hesitance or abruptness, every disappointment, and desperation; their needs and wants and their emotional interactions with different situations they’re in.

The entire story simply has its own valuable touch to reality. Most interactions are relatable and very smart. It is more of personal validity and building relationship and the effects of being under the magic of love and affection rather than parenting sort of story which I thought this story is all about at first. But despite of that, I enjoyed reading the story so much. I did not see any typos or any kind of errors that I can share in this review. Finally, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I strongly suggest this book to anyone who wants to unwind with a good book in their hands. And I haven’t mentioned yet, this book has unpredictable storylines and might not be suitable for people who are underage but is surely recommendable to anyone who has the habits of reading.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like NeonKay's review? Post a comment saying so!
There's nothing else more exciting than making a rough place your comfort zone. :wink: --kc fernandez
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I like how the book sounds like it's intertwined with reality to such an extent. Love the review.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
khiemmy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by khiemmy »

I haven't read the book yet but based
on that review i think the book is really good so i definitely going to read it.

Thanks for the review, i loved it!
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Okay... Well done. Another review I've read about "Guardian of Deceit" with very limited spoiler alerts.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”