Review by Damie994 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Damie994
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damie994.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review by Damie994 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Damie994 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak
Review by Olabanji Damilola
Fast paced

Ravens peak is the first in the World on fire series, is fiction and is written by Lincoln Cole. The story consistently explored a constant fight between the good and evil forces in the world, between angels and demons. The story starts with a retired general of the good army who seemed to be in prison of his own volition and had a severe post traumatic disorder being recalled into the army to save a dire situation that included the life of his adopted daughter, Abigail. He was able to, however he sacrificed himself and his reward.

The story continued into how Abigail met her supposedly random stalker who turned out not to be random. Haatim and Abigail subsequently became the focal point of the story with Abigail introducing Haatim to a world hidden from him yet so part of his life and saving him more than once. They also had to work together for the remaining part of the book and they were a fine team.

I liked the way the writer introduced each of the characters allowing each part of the story to flow into the next effortlessly. I liked the pace of the book, the style of writing could sustain the attention of the reader and the next occurrence wasn’t easily predictable. I liked the story and the storytelling. I really liked the book propagating the idea that a spiritual realm controls the physical realm and that prayer works. I didn’t like that the book subtly introduces the idea that all religions aside demon worship have one goal, that they all fight against evil and are against demons. I wasn’t too comfortable with the idea of fighting sprits with guns and that then locking them up. I actually found that funny. I also feel that the first part of the prologue was too solemn; it really didn’t depict the pace of the book thus preventing me from anticipating the rest of the book until I started reading.
`
The best part of the book for me was how engaging the story was. The least favourite part of the book was how gruesome the killings at Raven’s peak were.

I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, the story was good, the story telling was great however the writing could have been more skillful, more intellectually engaging, that would have been the icing on the cake.
Overall, it was a beautiful story.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Damie994's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”