Review by Mombie13 -- Murdered by James Schannep

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mombie13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 532
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mombie13.html
Latest Review: Murdered by James Schannep

Review by Mombie13 -- Murdered by James Schannep

Post by Mombie13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Murdered" by James Schannep.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Murdered is the second book in Schannep’s Click Your Poison series. If you’re a fan of the classic Choose Your Adventure books, then this is definitely a series for you.

In Murdered, you’re on a party trip to Rio, right before the Olympics, during Carnaval, with a few close friends, when you are suddenly separated and unwittingly stumble into a murder scene. Can you help solve the murder or will you end up dead in a field of sugar cane?

This was written to have three different story lines with over 50 different endings. The story flows almost seamlessly, with new clues each time you reread the story, provide you click different paths each time. As of writing this review, I have finished the story twice, and am half way through my third time. I died the first time, in a field of sugar can with a shot to the chest to be exact, and the second time I ended the case quickly. This third time is getting me though, I’ve so many extra clues and things I didn’t notice the first couple times. I’m impressed with the way these things were hidden in plain sight.

I’ve only found a few things so far that I believe the author could fix for his future books. First: why were American detectives suddenly at the scene or the murder with all the chaos of a Carnaval party happening; and two; it took my almost all the way through my first read to figure out that I (or the main character) was a man. I think that I’d also like to be able to pick my gender when the story starts, just because I believe it would be easier to connect to the story, although I’m sure that would take a lot more work on the authors part.

I plan on reading this again several times to see what else I can pick up, I’m anticipating finding out how these other story lines are tied in. Who knows, maybe I will solve my problem number one.
The author did such a great job with this Murdered, I have already downloaded another book for this series. I am positive they will be just as great, if not better, than this one.

I have rated this book 4 out of 4 stars, despite having some questions on the plot. If you are into mystery and adventure books, this is perfect for you. I also have to say, for those of you that are unsure about e-books, the fact that all I had to do was click my choice and not flip through back and forth, was absolutely amazing.

Murdered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mombie13's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”