Review by Star1 -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Star1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star1.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by Star1 -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Star1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy Love…at your service by Shae Carter

Randy Love…at your service by Shae Carter is a good read. It is very witty and comical story about a collage age man trying to find his way in the world.

John and Marjorie Love have three children. Heather a brilliant business woman, determined to make it to the top rung of a man’s world. James is a family man and established lawyer, now hobnobbing his way into the appropriate social circles of class. And then there is the youngest child, Randy Love. He is in a category all his own.

Randy is the ultimate protagonist, who thinks he has all the answers. On the outside he is very handsome, so all the girls love him. He thinks he is god’s gift to women and he totally uses it to his advantage as we meet many of his sexual encounters. His juvenile attitude shines through, from his choices of residences to his career path. He is of the mentality of living for the weekend, partying, bar hopping and finding causal dates. As he navigates learning life lessons, we can just sit back and laugh at his immaturity and mistakes he makes. Randy does have many friends, young and old and they try to give him sound advice. However, many times when he should take the high road, he just slides back down to the low one.

I did like this book. It was quite funny. Being an adult, I could see that in his best laid plans was going to take him down the wrong road. In reading the book, I would just shake my head at his inability to foresee his irresponsibility and childlike behavior.

If I could change anything about this book would be some of the British vernacular. Although the author generously gives us a glossary of terms used and meanings, sometimes I had to reread a sentence or two to get the meaning from the context.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. As I said before, it was a quite witty read. It is also is a fast read. It was hard to put down, as one can’t help wanting to know what other antics he was getting himself in. I think this book would definitely be liked by parents, having hardheaded twenty-something children, that think they know it all, a kind of misery loves company. I also think those twenty- somethings would enjoy this tale because they could relate to his antics. I probably would not recommend it for young adults as there are many sexual encounters, and let’s face it, Randy isn’t the best example.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Star1's review? Post a comment saying so!
azerikaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azerikaj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by azerikaj »

The title sounded like a spy story...guess Grandma was right when she told us not to judge from the cover, ha ha.
azerikaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azerikaj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by azerikaj »

Your review was good...sounds like I'd like that book a lot.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Misery loves company! You described him well - partying and lack of responsibility. Nice job.
Star1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star1.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Star1 »

Thank you for your comments.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”