Review by fatemeh133 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
fatemeh133
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatemeh133.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by fatemeh133 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by fatemeh133 » 22 Feb 2018, 10:31

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat is a children’s book written by R.F. Kristi. This is a delightful book for kids who love cats, and mysteries. This is a story centered on the cat “Inca” and her pals who love exploring so much they have started a detective agency! We learn about all the going-ons through Inca’s diary entries as things progress from day to day. The story is told from the perspective of Inca, who is a cat. At the beginning of the book, Inca introduces the reader to her gang of friends. These friends include cats, dogs, humans, and a hamster. The names of her friends are a little confusing. At one point, I could not remember if one friend was a human or an animal.

Inca and her siblings are friends with the detective dog Terrance and cat Monk. However a dilemma arises in the neighborhood while Terrance is away in the Himalayas with his World-famous humanoid, detective Solo. So Monk, Inca and her siblings set out to solve their very own mystery for the first time.

There are several valuable lessons to for kids to learn in this delightful story. Through the hilarity and excitement they learn the importance of friendship and taking care of those around you (like family and neighbors) and to never judge anyone simply by their appearance. It gives the reader a glimpse of issues we all face in life: that there will always be those who need our help and we should take the time to care; that there will always arise differences in perspective and its ok.

This is a story intended for 3-5th grade but will appeal to much younger readers (I would know I read it with my 3 year old, 6 year old and 9 year old, all of them loved it!) The story is set in London, but the location has no great bearing on the story itself, it’s just a location.

The story is delightful and it moves smoothly, but at points it seems there is too much bickering. The characters are not very well defined and I found myself a little confused. Also, the author could have given more insight into the various personalities; the characters were flat for the most part. However, it was a nice read and I do recommend reading this book. Therefore, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like fatemeh133's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”