Review by Ticcitaylorr -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ticcitaylorr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ticcitaylorr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by Ticcitaylorr -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Ticcitaylorr »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When I first picked up Yesterday, I expected to finish it within a week or two. However, I soon realized that there was no way I would be able to wait so long to finish this beautiful story. Each chapter left me begging for more. You won’t want to put it down! The perfect mix of romance and adventure, this heart-wrenching tale by Samyann takes the reader on a journey about love after loss, with the addition of some time travel.

The book follows Amanda Parker, a young woman living in Chicago, who’s far too familiar with grief. After losing her fiance in a terrible accident, she is certain her love is a curse and closes herself up. Be that as it may, life had other plans. Amanda meets Mark Callahan after rescuing him from certain death, and the two soon realize something eerily similar about each other, but can not figure out why. They are both certain they have never met, and realize the relation might go deeper than this world. With nothing to go on but an old grandfather clock, they begin exploring the possibility of a past life connection.

In Yesterday, we also hear the tale of Bonnie Lexington, a child born in the late 1850’s, caught in the civil war. Throughout the book, Bonnie too, experiences love, loss, and heartache. Her story starts in Charleston, progresses to Chicago, and spans across many years. Although the story takes place in two different timelines, it’s always clear where and when you are. You find yourself rooting for both her and Amanda from start to finish.

This entire work tears your emotions in every direction in just the right way. As pieces of the puzzle come together things get more and more heated, making the book nearly impossible to put down. I found myself engulfed in Amanda’s story until my eyes couldn’t stay open any longer. My one and only problem with this book is that I wasn’t able to stay in her world long enough. Though, the length makes it easy to digest and doesn’t keep you in suspense forever.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend Yesterday highly enough. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.The author does a truly wonderful job immersing you in two different worlds, while also not confusing the reader. I absolutely loved the way all the characters were written and fell in love with all of them. Sometimes I wanted to cry, and other times I laughed. If you are a fan of romance novels with a bit of a twist, this is the perfect book for you.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ticcitaylorr's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”