Review by BurnerFire -- The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BurnerFire
Currently Reading: Alien Rove
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burnerfire.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by BurnerFire -- The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace

Post by BurnerFire »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace" by Julie Penshorn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A wonderful tale of five barnyard animals, enjoying a lovely day, and then disaster strikes. Four of the animals, are now in the mist of trouble. They now have a problem they seek to solve, but they are too aggravated to think clearly to solve it. Then a feather friend appears, seeing her friends in such distress. She decides to take it upon herself to assist her friends by having them speak their feelings.

I Stop for Peace has a brilliant way of helping children communicate, with each other without violence. It gets everyone involved, in the excitement of how to deal with your problems the right way. This method is not just made for children it could also be use for us adults, it helps us as people to open up with our feelings. Instead of bottling them away, and that could lead to dangerous actions. At the ending is a beautifully written song to help remind us, what to do when we are in an unpleasant situation.

Thing about this book that caught my eye at first was the amazing drawings, then how the author brought them to life. The story brought excitement to me, because the children now a day’s need something to show how they can channel their anger without violence. If in the past my school had this book in our classroom, we would of have been better friends to one another. Sharing our feelings with one another would have been a better alternative. I am so glad to know, that there is a way for people to reach out to one another.

At the ending there is a program on pages twenty six through twenty nine. It is important to take the time to discuss this with your child. It not only teaches him how to control himself but also improves the relationship with your child. And if explain correctly it will also help the child’s relationship’s in the nearby future. There is nothing that I can say that displease me with this book, for it was a delight to read.

The rating that I have decided upon to give this book is a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. The story and drawings told the story without a conflict. I would also recommend this lovely book to children of ages of four and seven, also to teenagers and adults. It is never too late to learn how to control ones hostility. This is a fabulous book for anyone needing a system of how to calm down.

The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like BurnerFire's review? Post a comment saying so!
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Post by JessNWheeler »

This book sends a really important message to young readers. Peaceful problem-solving must be clearly taught and children love fables. Great review! Thanks.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

A very interesting and useful book for kids in solving conflicts. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”