Review by SAmiso -- My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SAmiso
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samiso.html
Latest Review: Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Review by SAmiso -- My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor

Post by SAmiso »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Ladybird Story is a romance story that features a rare kind of love between John Bird on Aureus.

John is a highschool teenage boy who struggles to find himself and specifically the reason why feels different from all other boys of his age. He is bullied and ridiculed in school because of it which adds to his tormented life from teen age to adulthood. Even though he finds a true friend in Aureus, he still find solace in keeping his secret to himself.

Aureus is kind, beautiful and friendly and the two, from meet-up, became best of friends. From highschool to adulthood. She doesn't mind John being the wierd kid in school or the punch line of the school and she sets a goal to bring him out if his shell of which she does even in their adulthood.

The two friends, thick as thieves, help each other get through thick and thin even with John still carrying his secret.

Will John Bird have the courage to accept himself for whom he truly is, let alone confide in his friend and family? Will his relationship with Aureus survive?

My Ladybird Story is about John Bird and his struggles and torments from his teen age as well about true friendship that survives through ground shaking truths. We see John Bird struggling to understand himself and also understand why he is not comfortable with himself. His life is not simple at all, with him not experiencing the puberty changes as a normal teenager which lead him to experience ridicule an prejudice in school.

The truth about himself doesn't put his mind at ease either but brings forward another mystery, is he gay or just wierd, but an accident pinpoints the answers to all his questions.

We see John Bird go through self discovery and acceptance but even though he seeks proffessional help he still worries if his family and community will accept or shun him.

We also see the strength of their friendship when Aureus, despite the beliefs, sticks by his side to the end.

I love this story for the way Magus Tor has put a spot light in the struggles the transexuals go through, not just about the social seclusion and prejudice but about the personal torments that some of them go through in their journey of self discovery and acceptance. Bullies are, without a doubt, a part of our society and we see John stand up for himself against his lifelong bully which prove his maturity all together.

I love Aureus for her bravery in embracing John Bird for who he is and standing by him through the end.

I did love how Magus Tor has their love develope from the beginning , they love each other but due to their personal struggles, they don't realize it until they sepaerate.

There is nothing I didn't like about this book except for the fact if is too fascinating that I want to go on reading it even into their happy-ever-after.

My Ladybird Story deserves the top score for the way Magus Tor delivered the story as well as the content itself. It is more than a love story, it is a sweet romantic story that touched my heart in all the ways that count. I rate it a 4 out of 4 Stars.

My Ladybird Story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like SAmiso's review? Post a comment saying so!
Fuzzy456
Currently Reading: The Spirit of Want
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzzy456.html
Latest Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00N9ZVN90

Post by Fuzzy456 »

I just finished this book and I loved it! What a great story!!
SAmiso
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samiso.html
Latest Review: Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Post by SAmiso »

Yes,it is one of the greatest stories I have read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”