Review by Starving Author -- Book Blueprint

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Starving Author
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starving-author.html
Latest Review: Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Review by Starving Author -- Book Blueprint

Post by Starving Author »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Book Blueprint: How Any Entrepreneur Can Write An Awesome Book by Jacqui Pretty is a short piece of nonfiction encouraging entrepreneurs to promote their businesses by writing a book for publication. Publishing barriers are now lower than ever before, providing professionals with the great opportunity to transform computer documents into paperbacks. Pretty gives a step by step framework for any entrepreneur who is new to writing a bestselling book that will advertise his/her authority and leads to publicity. With many self-publishing services available, writing a book is becoming more appealing to business owners. Book Blueprint is a step by step guide for any entrepreneur to write a great book quickly without the experience or credibility as an established writer.

Jaqui Pretty, a successful author and business woman opens the door for a new outlet of success for entrepreneurs. Writing a book demonstrates such great accomplishment and casts many favors on the business itself. And not just any book. According to Pretty, a good book will open the door to media appearances, speaking engagements/events, and partnership opportunities. This just what a business needs to grow and flourish. On the other hand, a good book authored by an entrepreneur serves its consumers and or customers in the sense that they get an idea of the makings of a productive company.

Book Blueprint is a short and easy read. A conversational tone and a casual style of writing, Pretty addresses the audience as she would a friend or acquaintance. Overall, strengths and weaknesses involve, over simplicity and usefulness. The style of writing was too simple, elementary school level. I thought the book was too minimal in its details, and I just wish the author had just fleshed out her ideas. She had the beginnings of what might have been a good outline. However, this book is a piece of nonfiction written under the subgenre of Business and Economics. It serves its purpose for business owners in pursuit of expanding their businesses or aspiring entrepreneurs.

Furthermore, rather than looking down on a book that covers the topics of book publishing and becoming an author for the very reason that it doesn’t cover the mechanics of good writing and the process of publishing, let’s look at how it serves its purpose. My hats off to Pretty for providing a good insight into the business world.

I am more than happy to rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars for the very reason that I found it to be informative and insightful. This book would definitely appeal to entrepreneurs of all ages and stages in their careers who are serious about achieving success.

Book Blueprint
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Starving Author's review? Post a comment saying so!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I liked reading your review. Very thorough. I just reviewed the book as well. It sounds like I enjoyed the book a little more than you did. I really appreciated the simple language and easy instructions.I felt it was deliberate and appropriate for a how-to book. I think more complex language would have detracted from the content. But, I take your point. I liked that the author followed her own advice throughout the book, using exercises and worksheets to break up the content. I thought it was well-structured. I have read a few book-writing manuals and I think this is my favorite. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”