Review by Rae_taylor13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rae_taylor13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rae-taylor13.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by Rae_taylor13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Rae_taylor13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Raven's Peak, written by Lincoln Cole, a young man stuck in personal turmoil gets taken for the ride of his life. Hired by the gluttonous businessman George Wertman, Haatim Arison sets out to trail a woman that is believed to be following Mr. Wertman with possible ill intentions. Action abounds as Haatim works to fulfill his obligation. It is a welcome change after the faith shaking death of his beloved younger sister. The events that follow his fated meeting with Mr. Wertman shatter his world even more. In picking up the pieces, he finds that there is more in life than what meets the eye, and everything is most definitely not what it appears. He is forced to re-evaluate his views of life and faith, and contemplate where he stands in the mess of it all. How does he really fit in this new to him world?

This is a book that once you pick it up, be prepared to not put it down until the very end. There are very few quiet moments, and none of them are dull. It is a quick paced book, and leaves you reeling for more. Raven's Peak grabs you by the hand and never stops running.

You can tell that the author put quite a bit of work into development of his works. The research must have been astounding, but he doesn’t burden you with facts. There is a smooth transition between exposition and the action. You get the right amount of information: the placement is spot on and seamless.

I personally found the concept of the book highly appealing. It is familiar like a friend, but there is enough to keep you guessing. I didn’t not figure out the ending. That is a huge selling point to me. I believe by the title page that is going to be a series, and I plan on delving into the next installment feverishly.

There are a few points that did bother me, but they are trivial. The use of metric in a book set in the United States was a bit off putting. It didn’t make sense. But, that really is the only complaint that I have. Great dialogue, wonderful pacing, and well thought out characters made me very happy. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. If it were possible, I would rate it 3.5 or 3.75. I found it that fantastic.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rae_taylor13's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”