Review by Adowning1992 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adowning1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adowning1992.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review by Adowning1992 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga ...

Post by Adowning1992 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have been looking for that one book that you just know is THE book. I have been struggling on finding a book that I wanted to read all the way through. As soon as I was about 4 pages into Solaris Seethes I knew that this was THE book. It was nice to finally be able to have a book that I wanted to read all the way through. Solaris Seethes is the type of book that once you start reading it you don't want to put it down. You just want to keep reading it until you finish it. What drew me into this book was how there was so much action right from the start. There was very little moments in the book where it was slow going with no action which I absolutely loved.

Solaris Seethes was well written and very descriptive. It was written so well at times you would forget it was a fiction book. Everything was so believable. Reading this made me wish that some of these planets really did exist and that maybe one day I could go visit them. I especially loved that at just the right times when you might be trying to envision just what something might look like there would be a little picture to help your mind for a better picture and be able to fully envision the story and how things were playing out. It was a very easy book to follow along with. However I loved that it kept me guessing. I never knew just what would happen next and I absolutely loved that.

The book always kept you wanting to turn the page to find out what would happen next. Not only was Rynah trying to save the day and her planet but she also had her own inner turmoil that she was battling. Not only was she battling trying to save her world as she knew it but she was also battling the feelings of being used and betrayed. Something that many of us can relate to.

I really loved that I was able to not only relate well to Rynah but I could relate to all the main characters, Brie, Tom, Solon, even Solaris and Alfric. It was nice that each character seemed to be struggling with something that many people struggle with ordinarily. Brie wanted to be a stronger person and able to stand up for herself. Alfric was trying to make up for his past mistakes of failing his sister. Tom wanted to be the best he could be. Solon wanted to please his father. All of these things are things that normal everyday people struggle with. I love books that I can relate to the characters in. Books that make me feel like I can be the characters.

Overall, I rate this book a 4 out of 4. This is definitely a book that I would recommend to someone else. I actually have already recommend this to a couple of friends when I was only half way into the book. This is a book that many people would love especially if you are as into science fiction books as I am. I am so glad that this was the 1st book in a series and not just a one and done book. I am so excited to read the rest.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Adowning1992's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am glad to know that you enjoyed this book immensely! Your enthusiasm is evident from the glowing review.

Welcome to OBC, Adowning1992! Enjoy reading and reviewing. See you in the forums!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”