Review by peaces -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
peaces
Currently Reading: who told you that you are naked
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peaces.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by peaces -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by peaces »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who told you that you were Naked? By William E. Combs, is a refreshing reexamination of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

In this book, the Author argues that if sin is only characterised as transgressions, and offences, then non Christans are likely to view themselves as good people, not ‘sinners’ with little or no need to restore fellowship with God. Instead Sin which was first linked to Cain's feeling of Anger towards his brother, results from the inherited knowledge of good and evil.

He explained that Everyman inherited this Knowledge of Good and Evil; we were born slaved to sin, which binds us to the Law of sin and death. But because Jesus Christ was the only son of Adam to live free from the law of sin and death, His blood was the sacrificial atonement for sin. His Lifestyle which mirrored the Law of Spirit and Life can be accessed only through Faith in God.

Our Faith in God prompt our action of Obedience. through Faith we are dead to sin, Resisting or Struggling with Sin is a proof that our mind needs renewal. He advises that We should allow the Holy Spirit to transform our Minds; Through the Bible, His voice, and His peace God assist us in our walk with Him.

Pastor William Combs further explained that Walking with God means walking in Faith, When we follow Christ, it would be God performing the actual work in us, giving us His will and ability to fulfill His good pleasure. All that God is calling us to achieve have already been completed for us beforehand, enabling us to Rest in the finished work of Christ.

This is an enlightening, inspiring, informative, and well-written book. I like the way the Author analyzed the Garden of Eden, how he added his personal Stories for easy understanding, And how he related the question of Who told you that you were Naked to recent Human desires; “Who told you that you need to be thinner, younger, healthier, prettier, more athletic, more intelligent, one who speaks with more condensed, or have a better sense of humor? have a bigger home in a more upscale neighborhood, a more impressive jowith a larger paycheck?; have a newer, faster, or classier car, more stylish clothing, influential friends, or more time to devote to the things you want to do? And why are you ‘clothing’ yourself with the trappings of wealth, education, a notable position, or even religious piety so you no longer feel vulnerable?”

This is a book' I enjoyed from the beginning to the end, the rich narrative writing style captivated me. The book have only one typo, a proof that it was professionally edited. I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. And I Recommend it to non-Christian who wants to learn about God, and to Christians who wants to improve their relationship with God.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like peaces's review? Post a comment saying so!
uwas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by uwas »

Awesome review.
peaces
Currently Reading: who told you that you are naked
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peaces.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by peaces »

Thanks Uwas
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

This book diverts our attention to an important event of man's arrival on earth. It focuses to strengthen our relationship with God. Thanks for your review. I have also reviewed this book. You can check it out.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

In the book, the author describes how he hungers and thirsts for Christ, to know more of him which should be the desire of every Christian believer. i really enjoyed reading this book, that is why i also rated it 4 out of 4. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”