Review by ASB_1 -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ASB_1
Currently Reading: Andalusian in jerusalum
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asb-1.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by ASB_1 -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by ASB_1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

3 Out of 4

“Yesterday by Samyann” is a novel of reincarnation. The story follows a young lady Amanda Parker who is struggling through a difficult state of life, meanwhile she saves a cop’s life in an accident and feels they are somehow connected. Amanda and Mark go through several regression sessions with the help of Amanda’s godmother and find out that they are actually people from past and they once existed in different physical forms.

The book revolves around the concept of reincarnation and shows the belief that people don’t actually die they just migrate from one physical form to another and it is quite possible that people from past actually dwell amongst us. The book also shows strong religious beliefs that form the base of this story. Although the book shows the characters are religiously drawn, it is not manipulative at all, just as most of the readers would expect.

As the writer indicates at the end “Yesterday is a work of fiction, but not entirely. Much of the story is based on historical fact”. The story sets in present day Chicago where the characters are those who witnessed the civil war and later the great Chicago fire in their past lives. Writer gives a strong and clear perspective of both of these events with connection to Bonnie’s life who was kid at the time of civil war and it left a great impact on her later life too. The beautiful description of these historical events is written with such an expertise that leaves no doubt.

The best thing about this book is suspense and thrill that interest the reader right in the beginning and keeps him guessing till the very end. As the plot progresses it binds the reader to unexpected turns and arises curiosity to unfold different interesting aspects.
The book displays a powerful storyline and the way writer tells two stories of same characters in different dimensions of time is remarkable. The reader sets on two journeys alongside, which are beautifully correlated with perfect timing.
Emotions form the important element of the story. Characters are full of emotions and feelings and the strong depiction of emotions exactly when and where needed, makes the book even more interesting.

The book does not leave the reader in a cliffhanger in fact it leaves a strong impact on reader’s mind and the reader is forced to question this different aspect of existence.
Although, the story starts with the quest of finding something the plot is lazy at first but it becomes interesting and pace becomes normal in the later parts. Overall, the book is full of suspense, thrill and emotions. Its a must read if you’re an enthusiast mystery reader.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ASB_1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Lovely review. I've read this book and I fell in love with it. Mark and Amanda's chemistry reminded me of Gone With The Wind. Samyann does a great job with the pacing and the book seems to be professionally edited. I love how you reflect on the book's take on reincarnation.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
Res Alexis
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Res Alexis »

Emotions are the thing per the story of that kind.Trauma,I am glad the writer put it to play since you also noticed it.The plot sounds good as per ASB.I am curious about the story.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”