Review by eddyokoth -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
eddyokoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddyokoth.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by eddyokoth -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by eddyokoth » 10 Feb 2018, 03:14

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked by Willian E. Combs is a non-fiction type of book which is inspiring, motivational and guidance book for the Christians. The book narrates events which led to the origin of sin and death to human kind, need as Christians to have faith in the Lord and avoid doing sinful act. Christians to live according to the God will and follow Jesus Christ steps. The book is well written in chapters with each chapter having own topic and discussion question for better understanding of the reader.

The author introduce their homestead at Alaska describing how it was built by his grandpa. Adam was alone in the Garden, and for that reason, God saw it necessary to bring him a companion whom he named woman {help mate}. Adam was warned not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil that if he tries, death will be the penalty. The serpent convinced woman to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil which the woman did. The woman brought the forbidden fruit to Adam, convinced him until he also ate it. At this point Adam and his wife disobeyed Gods warning and that’s the origin of sin and death to human kind. According to [Romans 5:12-34] sin came to the world through Adam and Eve. In these scenario, we have seen consequences of sin i.e. Cain killing his own brother Abel.

In the Garden, we saw the desire and temptation to be like God made Adam and Even to eat the forbidden fruit. When Adam was called and hide, he said he was Naked but the reality he was afraid because of his disobedience. God needed to test Adam faith that’s why he planted that tree. Jesus Christ had faith in the Lord and that’s why he performed miracles. His disciples had little faith hence fail to heal the boy. A Centurion and a leper had faith in the lord hence were healed while Jared was never healed because he had little faith in the Lord. Noah agreeing to build the ark and Abraham going to unknown promise land signifies the real faith they had towards the Lord.

Majority of Christians do not see themselves as sinners forgetting Jesus lived a life of no sin yet He died for us, this implies God righteousness was indeed manifested. Christians should be transformed, pray, ask for forgiveness and be born again. By God promising Abraham he will be a father of nation, this shows that he lived in God way. Bible is of importance for guiding Christians, people should be strong and trust in the lord against oppression and temptation by the Satan. Christians should dedicate seventh day for worshiping Lord and keeping it holy, follow the Jesus Christ steps to avoid going astray.

I liked the book because of its inspiration, motivation and education content it had towards the Christians, the ability of the author to have discussion questions at the end of each chapter enables the reader to be fully equipped for better understanding of the book content. I was highly motivated by the author’s personal testimonies and really enjoyed reading. The book educates Christians to live the God way having understood the consequences of sin, having faith in the Lord and following the life of Jesus Christ. The Use of bible verse and explanation by the author really inspired me while reading the book, I felt like being born again. I felt uncomfortable by few challenges I encounter while reading the book i.e. spelling mistakes ‘familial’ page 102, ’tarried’ page 38, grammatical errors i.e. ‘chief among them’ instead of ‘Majority among them’. A lot of vocabulary words in the beginning of the book i.e. propitiation page 96. Some of the sentences and paragraphs lacked full stops and commas.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, although it was a well-researched book, a very nice book to read, it had little challenges which had already said. I will recommend the book to be read by Christians because it teaches Christians values and better living. The book doesn’t appeal to Muslims.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like eddyokoth's review? Post a comment saying so!

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 156
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 549
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 18 Feb 2018, 17:19

I am glad that you found the book inspiring, motivating and educational. I laud Christian authors who find creative ways of sharing the faith.

Welcome to OBC, Eddyokoth! I'm looking forward to reading more of your reviews.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”