Review by BookInspector300 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookInspector300
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookinspector300.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by BookInspector300 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by BookInspector300 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you're a lover of dark paranormal thrillers, then this book might just be up your alley.

Abigail Dressler is a hunter on a mission. After saving her from a particularly deadly encounter with a demon, her mentor goes missing and she is willing to go to the end of the world and beyond to get any information on where he is and how to bring him back.

She pairs up with Haatim Arison, a naive and ignorant blogger who has lost his faith due to a family tragedy and who still hasn't come to terms with the world he has been dragged into. He starts out as just another unimportant and irrelevant pawn in a demon's games until he is revealed to have greater ties to the supernatural.

Abigail's obligations as a hunter leads her to the sleepy town of Raven's Peak where there have been reports of strange and unexplainable happenings. In the course of her investigations,she finds out that things are more darker and dangerous than they appear on the surface. She gets answers to questions she didn't even know she had and learns the hard way that in order to survive, she may have to place her trust in her closest ally, no matter how long she's known him or how inexperienced he is.

This book explores the themes of faith, selflessness,perseverance and trust to name a few. It also explores the theme of ignorance in the face of danger. Ignorance is bliss? Whoever said that has obviously never been to Raven's Peak.

Although the action portrayed in this novel was fast and quick to the point, there was also enough suspense to keep me on my toes and turning the pages just as fast to find out what's going to happen next .The dull moments were so few, far and in between that they were barely noticeable. My favourite part of this journey (because I do consider this a journey well travelled) was watching some of the characters grow. I kinda felt like I was growing with them. I enjoyed watching them develop from weak and mumbling characters who pretty much let their worst nightmares determine their fates to strong persons who finally decided that their destiny was theirs to write and not the playground of some malignant creature.

I 'm a bit skeptical about the backstories of the characters in this novel. The author doesn't really give us much to work on with regards to their past and just moves straight into the action of their present. However, I'm aware of the fact that there are other books in this series and I hope they shed more light on how the characters came to be.

I'd also like to point out that the author could have done a lot better with regards to the edit. The novel wasn't professionally edited to my taste. Not enough to make me cringe,but enough to make a me raise a brow here and there. For this reason, I'd give this book a 3 out of 4 stars.

With all been said and done, sit back, chill and enjoy this terrific read by Lincoln Cole.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BookInspector300's review? Post a comment saying so!
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

Your review has kept me in suspense. Am a fun of books with adventure and the supernatural. Thanks for such a comprehensive review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”